News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Some one provide me Pretty Urls 1.0RC5

Started by grrtherocker, February 12, 2011, 03:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grrtherocker

am unable to find this mod, some one please help me

grrtherocker

Quote from: Mari-chi on February 12, 2011, 03:45:49 AM
Here you go. :)

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=636

error

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.  :(

Mari-chi

grrtherocker

Quote from: Mari-chi on February 12, 2011, 04:31:53 AM
What version of SMF do you have?

i was using 1.0RC5

Now i removed it and installed smf_2-0-rc4 and tried to install Pretty Urls mod, after installation none of my categories are working everything broken. am getting this message

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Web Server at andhradb.com

Mari-chi

Is that a brand new forum? Or were you using 1.x, upgraded, and you lost all your data? If it's regarding backup/data, I'm afraid I can't help you. I'd love to, but I'm not experienced enough with SMF to be able to make any recommendations/suggestions. :(

If it's a brand new forum (although I suspect it isn't), have you tried re-installing 2.0 RC4 (you should use RC5 if possible :)) from scratch?

And lastly, did you try running repair_settings.php?

grrtherocker

Quote from: Mari-chi on February 12, 2011, 04:41:55 AM
Is that a brand new forum? Or were you using 1.x, upgraded, and you lost all your data? If it's regarding backup/data, I'm afraid I can't help you. I'd love to, but I'm not experienced enough with SMF to be able to make any recommendations/suggestions. :(

If it's a brand new forum (although I suspect it isn't), have you tried re-installing 2.0 RC4 (you should use RC5 if possible :)) from scratch?

And lastly, did you try running repair_settings.php?

Its a brand new, no need to worry about the data

i dont have idea about this running repair_settings.php?

Mari-chi

Well if it's brand new, then no need to worry about repairing settings. :D

Can you try re-downloading the Pretty URLs package? It might not have saved correctly. Then try uploading it to your forum again. :)

Mari-chi

Yep, I've used Pretty URLs before. I haven't had any problems with it. Maybe you can try this mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2288

It's called SimpleSEF.

If you want to stick with Pretty URLs, then I recommend you ask in their support thread for more information on what you can do. :3

grrtherocker

Quote from: Mari-chi on February 12, 2011, 05:42:04 AM
Yep, I've used Pretty URLs before. I haven't had any problems with it. Maybe you can try this mod: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2288

It's called SimpleSEF.

If you want to stick with Pretty URLs, then I recommend you ask in their support thread for more information on what you can do. :3

thanks for your help  :) May i know your name please  ;)

Mari-chi

It's in my username. Mari. :P

If you don't have any more questions, please mark this topic as resolved. :D

grrtherocker

Quote from: Mari-chi on February 12, 2011, 08:56:29 AM
It's in my username. Mari. :P

If you don't have any more questions, please mark this topic as resolved. :D

its not solved actually  :P wat i asked is about pretty urls but u concluded with simplesef mod, these 2 are totally different from each other  >:(

Whats your email id? send me a PM  ;)

Mari-chi

:P I don't give out my e-mail. Sorry!

Because Pretty URL seems to be conflicting with a compatible version of SMF (2.0 RC4), it's not something that I can help with, since I'm pretty much useless at all the coding stuff. You can try Pretty URL's Support thread in the Modifications board to see if anyone else has been having the same problem.

Otherwise, the only thing I can suggest is to re-install SMF completely (use webinstall instead of doing it manually), then try installing Pretty URLs again.

(I also tried installing Pretty URLs on my forum, and it worked fine. Also, SimpleSEF also changes your URLs, I believe... I haven't tried it, but that was the impression I got from the mod description.)

grrtherocker

Quote from: Mari-chi on February 12, 2011, 09:43:35 AM
:P I don't give out my e-mail. Sorry!

Because Pretty URL seems to be conflicting with a compatible version of SMF (2.0 RC4), it's not something that I can help with, since I'm pretty much useless at all the coding stuff. You can try Pretty URL's Support thread in the Modifications board to see if anyone else has been having the same problem.

Otherwise, the only thing I can suggest is to re-install SMF completely (use webinstall instead of doing it manually), then try installing Pretty URLs again.

(I also tried installing Pretty URLs on my forum, and it worked fine. Also, SimpleSEF also changes your URLs, I believe... I haven't tried it, but that was the impression I got from the mod description.)
:) any how thanks for your kind replies, bye tc

Advertisement: