News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problems with SSI.php, SMF 2.0 RC4

Started by tonnebonne, February 12, 2011, 07:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonnebonne

I have a new problem with SSI after upgrading to SMF 2.0 RC4 from 1.1.12.
The problem is that the first time someone visits my homepage, there is a error message. It doesn't seem to cause any real problems besides the error message, but it would be nice to get rid of it.
If the homepage has been visited the problem dissapears for that user.

The error message (in Swedish) is as following.

Notice: SSI.php lyckades inte att ladda sessionen! Detta kan orsaka problem med utloggning och andra funktioner - se till att SSI.php verkligen läggs till före *allting annat* i dina skript! in /home/homepage/public_html/forum/SSI.php on line 188

Freely translated,
Notice: SSI.php didn't succed to load the session! This can cause problems with logging out and other functions - make sure that SSI.php is really placed before *everythig else* in your script! in /home/homepage/public_html/forum/SSI.php on line 188

Kays

Hi, welcome to SMF. :)

One thing to try is to go into the Admin CP> Server Settings > Cookies and Sessions and set the following:

Enable local storage of cookies - unchecked
Use subdomain independent cookies - checked
Use database driven sessions - checked

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

tonnebonne

Thanks for the help.
I tried your idea. Unfortunately, it didn't help me this time.

Kays

You can try changing those settings. It might help.

Is this happening with any particular browser?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

tonnebonne

The problem seems to be there with any browser.
I haven't had any luck changing those settings unfortunately.

Arantor

Please can you attach the file that's your home page?

Advertisement: