News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

the evil that is streamline and transfering smf

Started by woeisme2, February 13, 2011, 05:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woeisme2

Hi all

I set up an smf on the aforementioned host, but i got attacked by spammers and streamline disabled the forum. They didn't tell me how they did it, what they changed, what they deleted, and when I tried to communicate with them, they simply ignored the tickets or came back with vague promises to sort it out which never came true.

I've since moved hosts but because i hadn't backed up the data [i.e. the membership of the forum, their comments, my comments]. The forum still seems to be there, but i don't know what my hostname and password for phpmyadmin and they aren't telling me that, either.

the data is presumably still there and I wondered what the quickest way was of accessing it.

appreciate your comments. a lot of the people on the forum were severely injured accident victims that I was giving free legal advice to [genuinely free - not no win no fee!], so it's fairly urgent.

thanks

garet

Justyne

If the forum is still online, why don't you log in with your user account and grab a backup from the admin panel?
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Advertisement: