News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

First Time user having loads of problems

Started by RBoutet, February 13, 2011, 10:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RBoutet

I don't usually post stuff when I have problems but here it goes!

I accidentally posted a board that didn't have a valid parent and I keep getting this error.

Board American League - Eastern Division does not have a valid parent. Use the 'find and repair errors' function to fix this.

But when I run the repair errors it gives me this message

not an error

File: /smf/Sources/RepairBoards.php
Line: 1649

I'm not sure what to do with this.  And now after trying to fix the error I have about seven or eight salvaged topics showing up in my forums even though I didn't need anything to be salvaged.  I really don't want to have to start over again as I have a few people signed up but I guess I could.

Thanks for the help!

Antechinus

If you know how to use phpMyAdmin, open up the boards table and look for the board that is giving trouble. Edit the id_parent column to insert a valid id (can be the number for any of your other boards). Save. Should work. :)

ETA: Oh and you'll have to make sure the value for child_level matches too. IOW, if the board is a child of one of the main boards (the ones you can see on the main index page) then child_level should be 1. If it's a child of a child, then 2. Etc.

RBoutet

I tried to install phpMyAdmin but that is way over my head at the moment.  Isn't there just a simple way to delete boards?

Antechinus

Your host should already supply phpMyAdmin. You shouldn't have to install it.

Advertisement: