Latest post in the Info center.

Started by dwaned, February 14, 2011, 07:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwaned

Hi all,

I'm running 2.0 RC5.
The problem I have is I want part of the Forum Members only. The members want the recent post but when I enable it, it shows up to guests and they can enter the members only Section through it.

So my Question is, how to I set up the Forum to show the Latest post to the members but not to the Guests?
I have searched and the nearest I can find it to disable it all together, this isn't the option I am looking for.

Thanks in advance,
dwaned

Illori

you need to put that board as "members only" by having it in a member group that is assigned and/or not visible to guests which you can select when you edit the group or the board.

dwaned

Thanks Illori,

I have it set up this way, and it works so much as when a guest goes to the site they can not see the Members section.
But if I show the latest posts in the info center they can read all of them through the latest post links.

Illori

then you still have that board visible to guests, the way smf works is if the group cant see the board they cant see the posts anywhere.

dwaned

Thanks again for your reply. By setting up the board as you suggested it still did not work but I have added the modification Look but no Read http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1332 and it has work.

I think the Forum is now running how I want it :)

Thanks for your time and help.

Advertisement: