News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Strange errors just showed up.

Started by j3cubcapt, February 14, 2011, 10:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j3cubcapt

I have not made any changes to the site, No mods, No new updates and No HTML changes. Then just a few days ago I started seeing some error messages show on my "Splash" index.php page. I am using some SSI code on that page.

Today I got a message from a member stating that he is having to log in each visit, he stated that this started just a few days ago.

Could these problems be tied together?

Please look at the attachment and let me know what you think. I'm using a mac and Safari.

www.j3-cub.com

willerby

The logout problem is a spambot attack referred to in many other topics - upgrade to the latest security patch or release version.
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

Arantor

The logout problem may be the spambot attack, but there IS a problem with index.php, please attach it here.

j3cubcapt

I just installed the RC4 security patch. Do you think there is still a problem? I will be happy to attach the index.php for your review.
Will

Quote from: Arantor on February 15, 2011, 03:00:20 AM
The logout problem may be the spambot attack, but there IS a problem with index.php, please attach it here.

Arantor

Yes, I do, given that the error log is issuing errors referring to index.php line 4, which should be a comment...

roonekoos

I installed the security patch but that doesn't help the spam attack at all
German Shepherd Forum (Dutch)
http://duitseherderforum.com/

Arantor

Quote from: roonekoos on February 16, 2011, 09:27:50 AM
I installed the security patch but that doesn't help the spam attack at all

Yes, we know that. It does stop your members getting logged out. There is no consistent way to deal with it at the moment though.

j3cubcapt

OK, here is the index.php you asked for. Thanks for the help!
Will

Quote from: Arantor on February 16, 2011, 08:43:23 AM
Yes, I do, given that the error log is issuing errors referring to index.php line 4, which should be a comment...

Arantor

Not that index.php, the one that's in the same folder as SSI.php

j3cubcapt

Sorry, here is the smf index.php

Thanks
Will

Arantor

Odd, very odd. I see nothing wrong with that file at first glance.

How did you download it?

j3cubcapt

Arantor

And was it downloaded in text or binary mode?

Advertisement: