How to upload the backup of few sections of forum?

Started by thatjustit, February 15, 2011, 08:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatjustit

Hello,
I've got a little problem. I lost few sections of the forum, I mean it's removed, but I have backup of whole forum (it's more than 100k posts). How could I upload that backup to restore that few deleted sections?
I hope that someone can help me with that.
Best regards,

Antechinus

Depends exactly what you have lost and how good you are at working with databases.

thatjustit

3 sections has been deleted, about 100 topics and 500 posts there. Well, I can't say how good I am in working with sql's, but if I'd get any tips than I think I could do it.

larryhyman

First tell us what version of SMF you have and with what mods you have, where are you hosted, is it a shared or dedicated server, is it windows or Linux..

Then tell us, what kind of database backup do you have (how did you make it, what kind of files do you have and where do those files live)

Next tell us where if you are able to use a program like PHPadmin or Navcat....

Also tell us what you did to loose those 3 sections (Or what you remember you did just before it happened)

We will go from there....
In god we trust, all others pay cash !

http://hyman.sytes.net

thatjustit

It's SMF 2.0 RC3. Much mods, I am planning to clean it up and reinstall SMF installation in near future. Working modifications at the moment:
Simple Award System
YouTube BBCode
nCode Image Resizer
MetaTags Modification
Countdown_BBCode
Member Color Link
Restrict Email Providers on Registration
SMFPacks Shoutbox
Hide SMF Version
SMF Articles
Pretty URLs
Good Post/Bad Post Mod
Thank-O-Matic
Alternate User Posting
Thumbnail Topic Mod
Users Online Today
Downloads System
Bot Buster
dQuoteSelectionSitemap

It's hosted on shared hosting, linux.
I made the database backup from phpMyAdmin, all tables exported to the zip file. I've got it on my hdd. My ofcourse able to use phpMyAdmin.
I lost those sections by mistake, I deleted it via SMF admin panel. Just before that I edited other section - I have all actions saved in logs.

Regards,

Joker™

As far as my knowledge goes you have to place those boards first in DB, then in {db_prefix}topics, you have to find topics coinciding with these board ids. Something similar has to be done in {db_prefix}messages. It's quite a hectic job which you are trying to do.

I can suggest you to import your database in a local phpmyadmin enviroment, using software like Xampp.
Then filter the topics there which you want to import in your database, as GUI makes work a lot easier, but still it's a hectic job.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: