News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

stop auto open of PM's?

Started by TCEd, February 15, 2011, 06:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCEd

Hey guys, I did a lot of searching but couldn't find any info on this, is there a way to stop (on RC5) the auto opening of PM's when  you click on the inbox or any other box for that matter, what I want is to just see the titles of the PM's like the older versions & not have it auto open any pm's, thanks for the help.

Matthew K.

There will always be at least one PM open by default. It would be possible to change this with some custom code, but it would take a little probably.

TCEd

so... in the new version there's no way to turn that off/change it back??  ok....... guess I'll go search in the mod section now...... (walks off scratching head & mumbling......."why would they hard code that?")

Matthew K.

There is no way as far as I know, to have it work like an Email inbox, where none are showing and you have to click one for it to open.

TCEd

well... it always has, at least in previous versions it has... (last version used before update was 1.1.11)  and was just hoping that it was just a new feature that could be reset like some many of the other new features, guess this one is like said, unable to work like it used to, thanks anyway.

TCEd

You know what, I was wrong, that was a mod that was installed called, "View Single PM" & it says;

Quoteif you are using SMF 2.0+ This mod is now a default feature in SMF. Look at your Personal Message Settings for doing this in different modes.

However I can't find where to set it to single PM view, I'll keep looking.

Matthew K.

Profile > Modify Profile > Personal Messaging > Display Personal Messages > One at a time

TCEd

Yea... I had that set already by default and still it opens the first PM automatically, oh well guess it's not big deal, just different I guess & something I will have to get used to, the really on bad part is when it opens the first PM automatically you have to scroll all the way down to see the others like the email title thing, wish that was at the top instead, thanks for your help mate, looks like it's not something I can change, thanks again.

Matthew K.

Might I suggest posting in Mod Requests if you would like something like that? It's not a bad idea, really.

TCEd

done, thanks again for your help.

Matthew K.

Not a problem. I'm going to go ahead and mark this topic as resolved.

Good luck with your Mod Request! Hope all goes well for you.
Labradoodle-360

Advertisement: