News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Assign group as moderator // Inheritance to subboards

Started by XxMikexX, February 17, 2011, 05:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxMikexX

Hi all,

I have two questions regarding the administration of a SMF v2 board:

(1) How can I make a whole group of people moderators for a board? (instead of assigning each on of them as moderator...)

(2) How can I activate some kind of rights inheritance. Currently if someone is a moderator of a parental board, he is no moderator in the child boards...

Thanks for your help!

Illori

there is no way by default to assign a member group to moderate a board, or boards. but you can create a permission profile for each board with that group being given moderator abilities and reuse that profile on the other boards they would be moderator of.

XxMikexX

Illori, thanks for the input. Sounds like a good solution.

Can I also cover question (2) with this approach?

Illori

you can use/reuse the profile for more then one board, so the same profile giving moderator permissions can be applied to child boards.

XxMikexX

:'(
Nevertheless this means that I have to navigate to each sub-board and assign the rights profile...

Spoogs

The easiest way to give a member group access to multiple boards
Admin>>Members>>Membergroups>>Edit Membergroups... click modify next to the group... scroll down click show boards, then check all the necessary boards you want this group to moderate.

Leppie

Quote from: Spoogs on February 17, 2011, 09:25:05 AM
The easiest way to give a member group access to multiple boards
Admin>>Members>>Membergroups>>Edit Membergroups... click modify next to the group... scroll down click show boards, then check all the necessary boards you want this group to moderate.
doesn't this make those boards only visible to that particular group? or does it also give the members moderator permissions?

Illori

does not give moderator permissions, just ability to view boards.

Spoogs

Advertisement: