packages how to

Started by SC RaceFan, February 17, 2011, 12:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SC RaceFan

I am new at all of this. I have a yet unannounced forum. I installed 2.0RC5 and have it up for a couple of friends to test. Some want games. I downloaded this package: Gaming Networks for 2.0RC 

It says that it is installed, But I don;t know how to activate it so that users can see and use it?????

Thanks for any help
If I knew what I was doing, I would not be here asking question!  If I were a programmer, I would not need you!

Matthew K.

Hey there, and welcome to SMF!

Are you sure you applied it to? If it truly is for RC2, it would most likely not work out of the package with SMF 2.0 RC5. You'd probably have to use Version Emulate, and emulate back to RC2, then apply it.

SC RaceFan

Hi, and thanks for the reply.

As I said I am a real rookie at this....soooo    The gaming package didn't say which RC it was. I see that it installed and I have the green light for the latest version. I think the problem is my understand of just how to proceed after the install of the package. I have looked several times through the admin panels and can't find how to make it accessible to my testers.

If I need to be in another forum like rookies, please redirdect me and I will gladly move. In any case. Thanks

If I knew what I was doing, I would not be here asking question!  If I were a programmer, I would not need you!

Matthew K.

Not a problem, and you're fine here :)

Would you be able to screenshot your packages section so I can determine whether it was installed properly or not?

SC RaceFan

I did a screen shot but I could not paste it into this reply. Below is a copy and paste of the table. I can save the screen shot to a word or wordpad doc is you like but I also didn' see how to attach it to this reply either.

Mod Name Version 
1. Gaming Networks for 2.0RC 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
2. SMF 1.0.21 / 1.1.13 Update 1.0  [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 
3. Topic starter 1.4  [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

Avatar Packages Mod Name Version 
1. Porcelan Animals Avatars 1.0   [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ] 

Matthew K.

Hmm, so it appears to be installed.

The settings should be inside Admin > Configuration > Features and Options

SC RaceFan

Under admin>Configuration>features and options>General there is a seciont that says:
steam URL with a blank to fill in
xfire url with a blank to fill in
sk gaming witha a blank to fill in

If this is it, I guess I need to find out some url. If not, I'm still lost. I was thinking I should see some reference to the package name and an activation box.....

Thanks

Matthew K.

Those are the fields it adds :)

SC RaceFan

:-[ hmmmmmm ok, now I'll go in search of the urls......

Thanks for the awesome help as embrassing as it is, I looked half dozen times last night and never saw those.

Matthew K.

It's not a problem. It happens to everyone, trust me :)

Advertisement: