Is advertisement in signature allowed on SMF forum?

Started by Sakurako, July 16, 2005, 02:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sakurako

is it allowed to use this kind of signature?

[size=2][url=http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=40018.msg291760#msg291760]If all the useful topics were stickies, then there would be pages of stickies in practically every board.  -[Unknown][/url]
[color=purple]Any difficulty in looking for useful topics that is not sticky? The problem should be solved once [url=http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=40013.msg306542#msg306542]Digest Feature[/url] released. Please support the request by posting. Thanks ^_^[/color][/size]
If all the useful topics were stickies, then there would be pages of stickies in practically every board.  -[Unknown]
Any difficulty in looking for useful topics that is not sticky? The problem should be solved once Digest Feature released. Please support the request by posting. Thanks ^_^

Dannii

Well considering that many many members do, including support staff, I would say yes. I haven't seen any specific rules one way or the other though.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

Grudge

That looks fine to me. We would be more likely to object if you put in a 500 x 200 banner saying "Buy vBulletin" or something :P
I'm only a half geek really...

Sakurako

thanks for reply ^_^ another question, if it is advertisement, could it display in normal font size?
If all the useful topics were stickies, then there would be pages of stickies in practically every board.  -[Unknown]
Any difficulty in looking for useful topics that is not sticky? The problem should be solved once Digest Feature released. Please support the request by posting. Thanks ^_^

Isaac

Quote from: Grudge on July 16, 2005, 06:40:48 AM
That looks fine to me. We would be more likely to object if you put in a 500 x 200 banner saying "Buy vBulletin" or something :P
I guess I can scrape that idea.  >.<

:P

Advertisement: