News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Email Valdiation

Started by tonydang, February 20, 2011, 01:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonydang

When I did a demo test, why does not an email validation reach my email...I set it to where the users have to validate their email and for some reason the email do not get there. How long is the email validation suppose to reach your email? It never came for me when I did a test dummy. uses two separate email and it show that the email mail has been sent.

Illori

I would verify your email settings and then ask your host to verify that they are also correct. most of the time the email does not get sent because of incorrect smtp settings.

tonydang

sorry i am new to smf...what do you mean? i check and everything seem to be all right...for some reason when i sign up the validation never got sent to my email and when i use the same email address, its kept telling me that the email address has been used already...so how do I fix this? Thanks!
Tony

Illori

i would ask your host as most of the time it is not an issue with smf, it is configuration issue.

Advertisement: