Is there a way to change a topics owner?

Started by City Builder, February 20, 2011, 09:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

City Builder

Hi,

SMF 2.0 RC4

Is there a way to change the ownership of a thread to another member built into SMF 2.0 RC4?

The situation is that one of our members accidentally deleted his account, he created a new account with a new username etc.  I changed his login name and display name back to the original that he was using.  However a couple of his topics still show the original owner name and underneath that it still shows 'guest'.

Is there a way to get the topic  to display the correct information of the thread owner?

Thank you for your time

Arantor

Admin > Maintenance > Members > Reattribute Posts

xrunner

Quote from: Arantor on February 20, 2011, 09:11:07 AM
Admin > Maintenance > Members > Reattribute Posts

I didn't know about this, but how does it work? When I go to that page and enter a username in the box,

Attribute posts to member:

nothing happens when I click Reattribute. Can you explain how this is supposed to work, seems simple enough but I can't get any action to happen!

Arantor

Quotenothing happens when I click Reattribute. Can you explain how this is supposed to work, seems simple enough but I can't get any action to happen!

You did put a username or email address in as well to match against, right?

xrunner

Quote from: Arantor on February 20, 2011, 09:28:46 AM
Quotenothing happens when I click Reattribute. Can you explain how this is supposed to work, seems simple enough but I can't get any action to happen!

You did put a username or email address in as well to match against, right?

Nevermind - I see what you have to do now. I misunderstood how the function works. I thought the top part was only to be filled out if you wanted to reattribute posts to guests, and the bottom part was to reattribute posts to other accounts, and was assuming it would ask for the posts. I see now it requires all parts of the forum, and it's only for reattributing guest posts.

Thanks.

City Builder

Worked perfect, thank you for the information.

Topic Solved.

Advertisement: