News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Trouble..

Started by mark32, February 20, 2011, 02:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark32

I installed a fresh 2.0 RC5 and now I´m having some trouble. I can´t connect to the stopforumspam DB and I´m getting this when in the Admin center --- You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file. I´m thinking they are somehow related? I´m on a free host but I have had smf 1.1.12 and the stopforumspam mod on this host and they worked just fine. Anyone else seeing this happen?

kat

That "You are unable to connect to simplemachines.org's latest news file" could be down to this site being constantly DDOS attacked, sadly.

JBlaze

Check to make sure you have allow_url_fopen enabled in your PHP config.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

mark32

Quote from: JBlaze on February 20, 2011, 02:19:35 PM
Check to make sure you have allow_url_fopen enabled in your PHP config.

Excuse my ignorance.. Where would I find that?

kat

JBlaze

Sorry... You can find out by creating a phpinfo file. Create a file called phpinfo.php, and place this in it:
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>

Then post the URL here, or if you're not comfortable posting your link, then send it to me in a PM. If it is disabled, you will have to contact your host about enabling it.
Jason Clemons

mark32

Quote from: JBlaze on February 20, 2011, 02:37:55 PM
Sorry... You can find out by creating a phpinfo file. Create a file called phpinfo.php, and place this in it:
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>

Then post the URL here, or if you're not comfortable posting your link, then send it to me in a PM. If it is disabled, you will have to contact your host about enabling it.

created the file and called it from the address bar. allow_url_fopen is on. I don´t understand. Anything else I could be missing?

mark32

JBlaze

Nothing off the top of my head... I'd ask your host about why your server cannot grab information from remote addresses.
Jason Clemons

mark32

Quote from: JBlaze on February 20, 2011, 05:37:34 PM
Nothing off the top of my head... I'd ask your host about why your server cannot grab information from remote addresses.

Checked my editing on one of the files for stopspammer mod and pasted the code again and it is working now. Still no luck for the smf news bit but I can deal with that for now. Thank you all for the help.  :)

Advertisement: