Remove Site Name/ Add banner space

Started by thenetxchange, February 21, 2011, 11:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenetxchange

Hey Guys, Im calling on you again to save me  ;)

ok so

#1 I cant find in css where to remove my website's name from my site (see above the banner, to the left "The Net Xchange " in small bold black) THAT needs to go.

#2 Also would I edit my css or index.php file in order to place advertisements to the left and right of the forum (where it's solid tan/white) All that extra space would be nice to sell advertising space...but I have no clue where to begin with that!

Other than these 2 small issues right now, thanks to the more experienced here, I'm learning quick, and getting along. Except seems like I have new members registering daily...so need to get this site up to par asap. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

www.thenetxchange.com
Maybe ONE day I'll figure this out!

thenetxchange

Highly unusual for my request for help to go unanswered 4 days already, and 121 views..but no advice :(

Sorry to bump..but I really need the help, and searching has been hopeless :(

Arantor

1. It's not CSS. It's in index.template.php. Look for an <h1> tag relatively early on, and you should be able to remove that tag.

2. You would edit the CSS to make sure ads were positioned there, and add the code to the theme's index.template.php in all likelihood. You might be worth starting with the Ad Management or SimpleAds mods first.

thenetxchange

Thx I removed the <h1> tag, as you said, I think I removed too much, because it doesnt say "hello" before name...but thats ok.

Dont understand what you mean by css- making sure there was ad space there 1st. Im a blonde, sorry  :-[

Arantor

Well, when you add the ads, however, you add them, you will need to add CSS rules to position the ads in the right place... since I don't know the theme too well and I'm not a CSS person, I can't really help on specific implementation.

thenetxchange

ok thx anyway..I'll just hang around maybe someone else knows..ty  :)

thenetxchange

Another issue simply fixed.....I removed the site name through the admin via site- rather than going through my cpanel/file manager!  ;D

As far as banner space goes, I just installed Simple Portal, and using blocks for ad space for now.
Yay!!!

Illori

then this issue is resolved? please click the mark topic solved button if it is.

thenetxchange

I thoght I did. Theres a green checkmark by the 1st post, and on the bottom, the only option I have is "Topic Not Solved' I think it said  ???

Sleezy

You would need a mod, to remove them, there is a couple on the mod site just look close for them.
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

Advertisement: