News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

make board visable only to admins

Started by ian_m, February 21, 2011, 02:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ian_m

I am using the curvemavi theme and currently have 1 category and 1 board under that. what I would like to do is create a new board and while I populate it with information I would like it to be invisible until I have added all the posts then make it open to all users.

I have seen something about user groups but not to sure if thats the way to go and help would be great.

Many thanks

cicka

Quote from: ian_m on February 21, 2011, 02:56:49 PM
I am using the curvemavi theme and currently have 1 category and 1 board under that. what I would like to do is create a new board and while I populate it with information I would like it to be invisible until I have added all the posts then make it open to all users.

I have seen something about user groups but not to sure if thats the way to go and help would be great.

Many thanks

Set the permission at that board setting so the other groups can not view it.

ian_m

a ha yep got ya.

Sorry I thought that just meant that people could not get into the board but I have tried it and it is indeed invisible unless your and moderator.

Thanks for that  :laugh:

cicka

Quote from: ian_m on February 21, 2011, 03:10:15 PM
a ha yep got ya.

Sorry I thought that just meant that people could not get into the board but I have tried it and it is indeed invisible unless your and moderator.

Thanks for that  :laugh:

You are welcome :)

Advertisement: