News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

custom categories search?

Started by steve51184, February 24, 2011, 12:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve51184

hi just wanted to know how do i add a search option to the search dropdown box for a set category?

Kermit

My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

steve51184

that's the kinda thing... as in the drop down part but it doesn't let me set a category to search in does it?

Joker™

Then you should be looking at advance search

www.yourforumaddress.com/index.php?action=search
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

steve51184

Quote from: Joker™ on March 04, 2011, 07:29:06 AM
Then you should be looking at advance search

www.yourforumaddress.com/index.php?action=search

but i want people to be able to select the option from a dropdown for a set category

Joker™

Quote from: steve51184 on March 04, 2011, 07:30:55 AM
but i want people to be able to select the option from a dropdown for a set category
So where this category option should be displayed,as in board the dropdown is having current option as board. I think you should be discussing this further with the mod author as he can guide you much faster.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

steve51184

not quite sure what you mean but i'd want it to show on all pages and be the default search option

so if i have a board 'help' with id 12 the dropdown will show 'help' as the first option but with the other options also there

Joker™

I'm not sure whether I can modify the code of the search dropdown mod and post it here, that's why I asked you to ask you question in mod support thread.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293057.0 << here.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

steve51184

Quote from: Joker™ on March 04, 2011, 07:59:27 AM
I'm not sure whether I can modify the code of the search dropdown mod and post it here, that's why I asked you to ask you question in mod support thread.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293057.0 << here.

you could pm me it ;)

but ok will post there :)

Joker™

AS mod author is much familiar with the mod's code so you should be asking him first ;).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

steve51184

Quote from: Joker™ on March 04, 2011, 08:06:19 AM
AS mod author is much familiar with the mod's code so you should be asking him first ;).
:-* :-* :-* :-*

Joker™

Quote from: steve51184 on March 04, 2011, 08:08:11 AM
:-* :-* :-* :-*
:laugh:

and don't forget to mark this topic solved once you get your issue solved in mod support topic.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: