News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

$category['collapse_image'] Wanting to make it a PNG

Started by xXBenXx, February 24, 2011, 09:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXBenXx

As my title suggests I'm just looking to change $category['collapse_image'] from a gif to a png. I've uploaded a png version but I have no idea where the actual text is to change the gif to a png >.<

Any advice one where to look would be greatly appreciated. Running SMF 2.0 RC3

Thanks guys :)

Arantor

Search for all the places 'expand' and 'collapse' are used near '.gif'. There's many of them.

Some would no doubt suggest renaming the file to .gif anyway and just overwriting the file, which is fine except it crashes some versions of Internet Explorer.

xXBenXx

I have done, that's how I've changed the ones in the footer on the board index. But I can't find the category collapse ones.

// If this category even can collapse, show a link to collapse it.
if ($category['can_collapse'])
echo '
<a class="collapse" href="', $category['collapse_href'], '">', $category['collapse_image'], '</a>';

^^Taken from BoardIndex.template.php

I haven't a clue where the "collapse image" is stored in plain text. I've replaced all collapse.gif with collapse.png to no avail. :/

Arantor

Search for collapse_image (with _ not space) to see where it's generated, should be in Subs-BoardIndex.php IIRC.

xXBenXx

Quote from: Arantor on February 24, 2011, 09:40:21 AM
Search for collapse_image (with _ not space) to see where it's generated, should be in Subs-BoardIndex.php IIRC.

That's done the trick! Much obliged, thanks. :)

Advertisement: