News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Kunena style recent topics

Started by spiros, February 24, 2011, 11:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiros

One can select a specific board or category and see recent topics only for that board/category.

http://www.ijoomla.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=latest&do=latest&Itemid=113

This can be further finetuned by selecting time-period.

Arantor

You can already get recent posts for a board, just there's no interface for it that I'm aware of - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=recent;board=1.0 works just fine.

Category is a bit different, don't think that's supported though.

Don't forget you can get loads of stuff through RSS for that kind of thing though.

spiros

Yes, thank you, I know this way of accessing it. However, see how Kunena interface is built around this feature. In a way, it capitalizes on it. Whereas with SMF there is not even a recent posts link.

I find it extremely useful and implementing Category or Board-specific listing should not be that hard.

Suki

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

spiros

Can you combine in that string more than one boards/categories?

Suki

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

spiros

Suki

spiros

Thanks! That should mean that implementing a Kunena-style interface should not be hard—as a mod idea or otherwise.

bloc

This is quite interesting. But where does Kunena put the links to getting the recent posts from a specific board? In the boardindex?

spiros

Bloc,

Check my link on the first post. Kunena on the index page (on top left) has three tabs. First is Index, with a minimal Info Center at the bottom (Forum Statistics they call it), second Recent Topics, third Search. When clikcking on the Recent Topics tab you access the page with the recent topics as well as the drop-downs for Board categories/Boards and Time selection in case you want to refine the recent topics display.

Cheers :)

bloc

Ah, I see. :)

I like it, the time-period is very useful, especially on busy forums. Choosing board also is faster than locating the board in boardindex and adding to the link.

But these are "recent" topics..its the same options for member when they try "unread" topics?

spiros

I am not sure whether there are options for unread topics. When you log in though you have these tabs:

Index
Recent Topics
No Replies [showing posts with 0 replies]
My Topics
Search

perhaps you could try registering to check for yourself :)

Advertisement: