News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Problem installing MODs

Started by venex, February 24, 2011, 11:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venex

Hello!!

Whenever I want to install a new MOD to my site, I install it first in another forum to test it out. Well... my problem is that in the other forum, I can't install new MODs.

When I finish installing the new forum, I go to the section where MODs get installed and I try to upload the new MOD. It gives me an error saying that I can't install new MODs because some of my directories don't have the right permission. I read in another topic that you need to create a folder named temp and give it 777. I did that and it worked. So I tried installing my new MOD and it says that it will be installed with no errors. Once I "installed" the MOD, I look for it and there is nothing anywhere. So I go to uninstall the MOD and it gives me a lot of errors ¿.

So, my guess is that in when I'm installing the MOD it tells me that everything will get installed with no errors but the forum itself can't (for some reason) edit the files. Therefore, when I try to uninstall the MOD, since there is nothing in the files, it gives me error everywhere.

Any idea what to do?

I didn't search for this in this forum since I don't know what to search for lol.

Illori

do you have a temp folder in your packages folder?

venex

Thanks for the answer... yes I have it:

Quote from: venex on February 24, 2011, 11:30:32 PM
I read in another topic that you need to create a folder named temp and give it 777. I did that and it worked. So I tried installing my new MOD and it says that it will be installed with no errors. Once I "installed" the MOD, I look for it and there is nothing anywhere. So I go to uninstall the MOD and it gives me a lot of errors.

venex

venex

Im going to make it as solved since what I did was to change CHMOD of my entire "forum" folder. I set it to 777 the whole thing and apparently it worked...

so yeah.

Bigguy

Advertisement: