News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Atachments on other server?

Started by autarh, February 26, 2011, 05:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autarh

Hi all,
i would like to keep atachments on other server , is this posible ?

so when somebady uploads atachaments over to forum that it goes to other host....

Illori

what do you mean attachments go to other host? by default all attachments go to the attachments folder in the same folder as smf is installed.

tesser

Hmmmm what if.

You install smf on billyjoes hosting service and delete the  attachments file and install a new attachments file  on another host  use the repair settings  to change the path to the attachments file.

Would that not work ?

Just thinking out aloud here  in fact i think im gonna try it.

EDIT: yes it worked but i had to change file permissions on my host.

Illori

you cant have the attachments folder on another host unless you have direct access to save files which is usually not possible that way.

tesser

Works for me here is my repair settings

Illori

that does not mean you can actually put attachments there, also that link is not in the format required for smf to work with attachments.

tesser

Arantor

You can save new attachments to it? I'd argue that the server has a weakness if you can do that...

autarh

can there be  a plugin that have FTP user and pass of another host and automaticli transfer files on another host ?

is it posible to do it with imageshack or picasa?

Arantor

No, it isn't. In any case it won't avoid the fact that you'll use much more bandwidth to serve through that.

Advertisement: