News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

How to delete, remove, erase reports?

Started by comedorsamus, February 26, 2011, 06:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comedorsamus

In Moderation Center the only options I see is Details, Ignore and Open/Close, no remove option.

Is it possible to remove a VERY old report? Thanks in advance!  O:)

Arantor

No, there isn't, short of manually editing the database to get rid of it.

comedorsamus

Quote from: Arantor on February 26, 2011, 06:33:18 PM
No, there isn't, short of manually editing the database to get rid of it.
Not even a mod? :(

And could please elaborate on how to manually edit the database?

Arantor

Not even a mod.

Well, you'll have to go into phpMyAdmin and manually remove rows from the SMF database. Since that's *raw* access to the database, it's all too easy to do something pretty catastrophic like remove core tables that have to stay in place. At a minimum the smf_log_reported table and the smf_log_reported_comments tables would have to be edited, deleting one row per report for the first table, and one row per comment that's attached to those reports, in the second.

comedorsamus

Quote from: Arantor on February 26, 2011, 06:53:00 PM
Not even a mod.

Well, you'll have to go into phpMyAdmin and manually remove rows from the SMF database. Since that's *raw* access to the database, it's all too easy to do something pretty catastrophic like remove core tables that have to stay in place. At a minimum the smf_log_reported table and the smf_log_reported_comments tables would have to be edited, deleting one row per report for the first table, and one row per comment that's attached to those reports, in the second.
Well, I'm certainly not doing this, lol.

But thanks anyway, guess I should mark the topic as solved. Hopefully someone can come up with a mod soon. :(

Advertisement: