question of database export users and post to new database

Started by sombra, February 28, 2011, 11:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sombra

well i want to know if its posible to export from an actual database users and post to a new database ?

CapadY

It's possible to export them but it's not possible to merge them with another database.

Beside that, it's useless to only export users and posts. You'll also have to export boards, smileys and topics tables and all avatars as well. And maybe I forgot some tables :)
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

sombra

well let see can errors on an database can cause a page to load a cpu of a server?

my english isint that good to understand this

Quoteit's not possible to merge them with another database.
can you explain what merge means and the idea was to export all boards and users all but for a new database with out errors caused from mods

CapadY

When you have a new, fresh, empty database there is no problem.

Only problem can be the theme users selected but you can correct that via the admin panel for all users at once.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

sombra

thats the idea move all the forum to a new database so theres no mod instalation errors (how can it be done?)

i just want to know what is causing my forum to load the server to much

Arantor

Ah, so it's for debugging rather than something else. No, actually, you won't get away from mod installation errors by migrating to a new database.

What mods do you have?

sombra

well i have lost the count hehehe  the thing its that my forum its eating all the cpu on my server and i did a clean install of rc4 now i have only like 4 mods and its still eating a lot of cpu so im triying to guess whats wrong or get new ideas the guy that runs the server told me to migrate to another script but people here tells me that smf its the ligther script so i dont really know why im having this problem so lets say im looking for a clean start but with out loosing anything hehe

Advertisement: