Guest can see every board,but can't

Started by Dlget, March 02, 2011, 01:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dlget

Hi
  I'm new to SMF & just installed SMF a month ago & find it useful.
I want that guest shouldn't view my & my members's post.So i Don't allow guest to browse my site.But in that condition,guest can't see any post or post headings,i mean they can't see if the forum is useful or it is empty.
SO please suggest some mod by which if i change my site to only member mode,guests can browse all boards,forum ,but when they click on any post to see the description,the login prompt would appear.I'm bad at english.so if i'm unable to describe any thing, please see amaderforum.com which is a vbulletin script.

Illori

next time this would be better off posted in the mod request board, as this board is for those that want features added to the core of smf, which this will not be. take a look at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1332

Kindred

this is alreayd mostly possible.

Set you board to allow guests, but set guest permissions to not allow posting.

The only thing you need a mod for is to trigger a "you must log in to post" message since, by default no one can see the option for any action which they don't have permission to do.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

No, this one's not about posting, it's about letting users see the topic headings but not actually the posts themselves. Though I can't honestly imagine how they'd get to the site anyway since all Google will have in it is the topic titles, not the posts...

IchBin™

IchBin™        TinyPortal

Dlget

Illori

you can use version emulation to have mods for RC4 install on other versions.

Norv

This has been proposed before as a core feature, it shouldn't happen though, mainly because most forums admins we know of do not have this need, and it can be argued that the default SMF should rather go for the option offering more privacy, not less. (the titles of the topics are public knowledge then).

You may want to look at Packages > Advanced, to find the option Illori mentioned, to try to emulate RC4, then install the mod.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

Dlget

Advertisement: