News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Missing

Started by reinner, March 02, 2011, 04:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinner

Hi,

Sorry for the title, I just don't know what those icons, bold, italics, align, font, etc thing called.
Here's my problem. I don't have those options in my forum post reply and on pm's

Please see the attached. Mine is the dark image.

Can anyone help me please?

Regards,

Illori

admin -> current theme Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages:

reinner

Quote from: Illori on March 02, 2011, 06:26:24 AM
admin -> current theme Show BBC Buttons on Posting and PM Send Pages:

Hi Illori,

I already did that, still not showing anything.. I also realized that I don't have the post.php
I really don't have idea why I don't have the post.php.. How can I fix it? Any idea?

Cheers

Illori

where are you looking for post.php? do the bbc buttons appear on the default theme? this may be an issue with the theme you are using then you would need to contact the author of the theme.

reinner

Quote from: Illori on March 02, 2011, 08:15:39 AM
where are you looking for post.php? do the bbc buttons appear on the default theme? this may be an issue with the theme you are using then you would need to contact the author of the theme.

A friend just asked me if I can see the post.php after I asked him about my problem.
bbc buttons and other options are not showing even with my default theme.

Illori

post.php is a file on your server, where are you looking for this file?

reinner

Quote from: Illori on March 02, 2011, 09:17:29 AM
post.php is a file on your server, where are you looking for this file?

I honestly don't have any clue about post.php. A friend just asked me to see if post.php exist in my files.
what does post.php do?

reinner

Anyone knows how to solve my issues? :(

NanoSector

If you look in your Sources directory, do you see a Post.php file?

It allows the posting of messages and handles that function of SMF.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

Post.php doesn't contain the buttons, the buttons themselves are all handled from Subs-Editor.php but that's not the problem. Somewhere along the line, some Javascript has been inserted into the page that's causing the BBC and smileys Javascript to fail.

Ozzie

ok i know i prob miles off...but i had a similar problem and it turned out to be the bbc image files were somehow dropped when i installed the theme adding them solved my problem

2000+ games available to download

reinner

Quote from: Arantor on March 05, 2011, 04:50:06 PM
Post.php doesn't contain the buttons, the buttons themselves are all handled from Subs-Editor.php but that's not the problem. Somewhere along the line, some Javascript has been inserted into the page that's causing the BBC and smileys Javascript to fail.

Is there a way that those buttons can be fix?

Quote from: OZZIE on March 05, 2011, 05:22:02 PM
ok i know i prob miles off...but i had a similar problem and it turned out to be the bbc image files were somehow dropped when i installed the theme adding them solved my problem

How did you fixed yours?

Arantor

QuoteIs there a way that those buttons can be fix?

Sure there is, if you know what the problem is - you're just seeing a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. Need to know what JS errors you actually get...

reinner

Quote from: Arantor on March 06, 2011, 02:24:46 PM
QuoteIs there a way that those buttons can be fix?

Sure there is, if you know what the problem is - you're just seeing a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. Need to know what JS errors you actually get...

How could I find the JS errors? Sorry to sound stupid, I just don't know anything about this. :(
This whole error started when I manually re-installed my database after I installed one mod.
After that I encountered lots of errors which I just ignored.

Arantor

reinner

Quote from: Arantor on March 06, 2011, 05:49:55 PM
...which browser?

I tried almost all browsers (IE, Firefox, google chrome, safari, opera)

Arantor

-sigh- Which browser are you using so I can direct you to where the Javascript errors are listed...?

reinner

Quote from: Arantor on March 07, 2011, 02:45:53 AM
-sigh- Which browser are you using so I can direct you to where the Javascript errors are listed...?

oh. sorry. Currently I am using firefox

Arantor

Tools menu > Java console

reinner

wow! there are lots of errors and warnings.. :(
do i need to post the warnings too?

Error: is_ie is not defined
Source File: http://www.ourbabybits.net/Themes/fuzzy_20rc4_updated/scripts/theme.js?rc3
Line: 19

Error: smc_Toggle is not defined
Source File: http://www.ourbabybits.net/index.php
Line: 1132

Arantor

Well, those are errors because SMF core code is compromised, find the earliest error you can and work back from there.

reinner

Quote from: Arantor on March 07, 2011, 02:07:43 PM
Well, those are errors because SMF core code is compromised, find the earliest error you can and work back from there.

I really don't have a clue where to start, what to look and how to find the ealist error. :(

reinner

bumping this thread.. I really need help.

Advertisement: