News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

New Users Cannot Register/Can't Logout

Started by AgainstBelief, March 02, 2011, 07:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AgainstBelief

Hello, everyone. I've done some searching to no avail, so I've decided to come to the support forums regarding two of my problems.

I recently just upgraded my forums to 2.0 RC4, however, it appears that new users are not able to register. I've tested this myself, and when I fill out the registration form and hit the 'register' button, I am presented with the text "An Error Has Occurred!" and nothing else.

Also, for some reason, our users cannot logout.

It should be important to note that my website is run on Joomla, and I use JFusion to bridge it to SMF. It was also activated when I upgraded the SMF, until I recently disabled it after discovering that it doesn't support SMF 2.0.

Here's a link to the forums in question: www.servercrashers.com/forums [nofollow]

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm getting complaints from potential new users!

Thanks,
Carson

AgainstBelief

No, but seriously this is a pretty big issue.

Illori

Hi,

Have you tried to rename your cookie? under admin -> server settings -> cookies and sessions? doing this will also logout anyone that stays logged into your forum, but might fix this issue.

AgainstBelief

Quote from: Illori on March 03, 2011, 07:43:28 PM
Have you tried to rename your cookie? under admin -> server settings -> cookies and sessions? doing this will also logout anyone that stays logged into your forum, but might fix this issue.

This worked! Though, I have no idea why this problem came about in the first place; but thank you, nonetheless!

Also, as for new users not being able to register: I literally just upgraded the forum to RC5, and that seemed to fix the issue. However, I still don't know exactly what was causing the problem in the first place. I'm sure installing the new update (in the past) with JFusion on did something strange to the settings.

Anyway, it's all resolved. Thanks again, Illori!

poliseat

I do not fix the problem solution tell me that I can do thanks

Illori

Poliseat please open a new topic for your issue, this topic is resolved and will be ignored by the support staff.

Advertisement: