News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

HELP!!!!

Started by kylestone, July 17, 2005, 06:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kylestone

board works, kinda, but try to collapse or expand something, HELP ME FIX THIS PLEASE!

http://www.schoolworkshare.com/board/ [nofollow]

[Unknown]

I'm getting constant database errors.  What's showing in your error log?

-[Unknown]

kylestone

Database Error: Can't open file: 'smf_collapsed_categories.MYI' (errno: 130)
File: /home/macaroni/public_html/board/Sources/BoardIndex.php
Line: 82

kylestone

kylestone

xenovanis

Please don't bump. We know you have problems and you are freaking out but give us some time to respond.

Run this query in phpMyAdmin. Just click the querytab at the top of your screen, copy the cody in it and click go.

REPAIR TABLE smf_collapsed_categories;

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

[Unknown]

>perror 130
MySQL error:  130 = Incorrect file format

-[Unknown]

kylestone

Table      Op      Msg_type      Msg_text
macaroni_smf3.smf_collapsed_categories    repair    error    Can't open file: 'smf_collapsed_categories.MYI' (e...

[Unknown]

You need to contact your host about this.  It's likely they may have broken something.

-[Unknown]

kylestone

Database Error: Can't open file: 'smf_collapsed_categories.MYI' (errno: 130)
File: /home/macaroni/public_html/board/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 255

what would you do to fix this? The host refuses any support to 3rd party products

something funky was going on with my server today too.... hmmph

kylestone

Almost forgot:  it only errors on logins by users and admins

Ben_S

Quote from: kylestone on July 18, 2005, 04:48:45 AM
what would you do to fix this? The host refuses any support to 3rd party products

You aren't asking them to support a 3rd party product, you are asking them to fix their broken MySQL.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

[Unknown]

Yes, remind them that THEIR SERVER is causing this problem.  It would work if you were using a better host.

130 is most clearly a problem with the server: it means the physical file was broken.  A file that SMF has absolutely no access to whatsoever (only through MySQL.)  If they are saying SMF somehow DID access the file, this means that their server is so incredibly insecure I'd have to recommend you stop hosting with them as soon as possible.  And, if MySQL caused the problem they are more than likely using a buggy or very old version, which is also most clearly their fault.

Nothing SMF could have done would cause this problem on a well-maintained server.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: