how to limit size or [img] linked photos?

Started by blazinchuck, March 04, 2011, 02:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blazinchuck

ive looked and looked...cant find a fix for this. i members linking their pics from other places(ei. photobucket,supermotors,etc) i just want to place a limit on the size of those...hopefully something that will do it automatically. right now, everyone that post a large pic...creates a scroll bar at the bottom and right side of their image.

http://carolinadiesels.com

running 2.0RC5,simple portal,avea media
"I'm not as Think, as you stoned I am"

NanoSector

So you want to resize images from certain sites? ???
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

blazinchuck

well...i was hoping to limit their size...

like if someone uses the [img] tags..it will limit them to a set size 640x480. im guessing from your response, its not possible.i know photobucket and others allow you to select a proper size-but some folks just love the biggest they can post

NanoSector

Quote from: blazinchuck on March 04, 2011, 02:48:24 PM
well...i was hoping to limit their size...

like if someone uses the [img] tags..it will limit them to a set size 640x480. im guessing from your response, its not possible.i know photobucket and others allow you to select a proper size-but some folks just love the biggest they can post
Wait wait, I didn't say it wasn't possible! :o
I even used it...before.

I forgot what mod or what option it was, though...
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

It is a built in feature

Admin > Configuration > Features and Options > Layout > Max width of posted images

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on March 04, 2011, 04:14:23 PM
It is a built in feature

Admin > Configuration > Features and Options > Layout > Max width of posted images
Yep, that's the option I was looking for :)

blazinchuck

Quote from: Arantor on March 04, 2011, 04:14:23 PM
It is a built in feature

yeah, not so quick...i had already seen that and set it to 640x480...but that does not fix it. maybe it does for any posted after that setting...but it hasnt corrected the pics that were posted before that setting was changed

Arantor

No, it won't do, unless you edit those. There's no magical way to reset those settings for older posts.

Advertisement: