News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Maintenance mode issue

Started by TheDel, March 06, 2011, 04:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDel

OK- sometthing has to be wrong here but is there some kinda automatic trigger that puts the forum in Maintenence mode- Im not talking about the normal checkbox but the one thats sets the 2 in Settings.php something about We're upgrading the forums. THis is the second time its happened and both times I wasnt even doing anything with SMF. If its a security feature Im cool w/that but would like to know whats triggering it so I can know to check my SMF. This was out for over 12 hours and I didnt even know it.

CapadY

Running an upgrade package can cause a forum going in maintenance
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Illori

do you have upgrade.php or repair_settings.php uploaded on your server? this includes those files with their names changed

TheDel

Quote from: Illori on March 06, 2011, 04:43:22 PM
do you have upgrade.php or repair_settings.php uploaded on your server? this includes those files with their names changed

Ive had repair settings on there but Ive had that there for 3 years. I think I had to run it 3 years ago too. But this time I wasnt even doing anything in the root- (i was playing with another script on my server) and its only happened since I upgraded to RC5

live627

You need to delete that file for security.

Illori

it is possible someone found the url that contains that file, and was able to use it to put your forum into maintenance mode and could do worse with the information contained in it.

tesser

I always keep the repair_settings.php  on my server  but i change  the name of the file  to what ever i like.

example : repair_metoday.php

so when ever i need to use the repair_settings.php i call repair_metoday.php in my browser.

TheDel

thanks for the tip
Oh wait- I did rename it before. I saw repair and settings and thought it was repair_settings

Joker™

TheDel do you require further assistance with this topic?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Advertisement: