moving smf to a different directory on same server

Started by birchy, March 07, 2011, 12:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

birchy

Plans changed and I need to push the smf directory down a level on the server. I was hoping that I could just change the paths in the  Administration Center » Server Settings » Database and Paths section after moving the files. I found some paths in the settings table, and the avea mod settings table. I found settings.php and changed $sourcedir, $boarddir and $cachedir. But in examing the page source, none of the links use the new path.

I know I have to effect $settings['default_theme_url'] and $settings['theme_url'] in the index.template.php file of my theme, but don't know how, and there must be other setttings somewhere.

Is it totally impossible? I really don't want to do a reinstall.

Arantor

birchy

I thought that it worked, but after running it, the default theme displayed once and then went back to no css. Page source shows some links corretly, but not all. I'll dig around some more...

Ok, think I've got it.
repair_settings.php got me into the software, but with no css. But I was able to use the admin tools and found the Themes and Layout Settings where I changed some paths to my non-core, non-default theme.

Also, I used repair_settings.php a second time, but clicked on the suggested URLs this time, instead of pasting the subdirectory, and at least one was different than my hand edit.

Looks like I can call this solved, thanks!

Arantor

Usually means you need to change the rest of the paths in the themes area... but a link would help confirm it for sure.

Advertisement: