News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

phpBB to SMF 1.05 Duplicated members

Started by DomDom Skye, July 18, 2005, 04:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DomDom Skye

Hello,

I convert a phpBB 2.0.15 forum successfully into SMF 1.0.5 with the converter script.
But now I've duplicated members into : Ungrouped Members (965 members) and Newbie (842 members). Same members are into these 2 groups.

How can I merge non duplicate members from "Ungrouped Members" into "Newbie" and then delete duplicate members?

Regards,
Dominique

xenovanis

Ungrouped members only shows the members that aren't in a regular group. You don't want to delete it.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

DomDom Skye

I understand.
But how and why I find a member (per ex.: alanna) into the "Ungrouped Members" and into "Newbie"?

How could I assign group to the ungrouped Members?
Or is this normal to have 2 groups with same members into after I migrate from phpBB?

Regards, Dominique

xenovanis

Hmm.. it's kind of complicated to explain but I will try.

Ungrouped members is an accumulation of all members that are in postcount based groups, but not in regular groups. So therefor, most of your members (exept admins, global moderators and members of other regular groups) are in both ungrouped members and the newbie or junior group.
Ungrouped members makes it easier to use permissions.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

DomDom Skye

Thx, I don't understand exactly what you mean, bu I see the idea  :)
I will explore a little.

But I can manage my members with my others groups and forgetten the ungrouped members?
It's more a admin features?

Regards, Dom

xenovanis

Ungrouped members is only for admin purposes. Your members will never know they are in that group.

DomDom Skye

Ok, I see that now.

A great of thx for your quick help and explenation.

Regards, Dominique

Advertisement: