News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Automatic E mail to my users when they register

Started by xsisonline, March 07, 2011, 08:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsisonline

as soon as ny1 registers on my forum, they get welcome mail saying welcome to forum and all...

i want forum to send 1 more mail to them as soon as they register..
I will write a mail.
but i want it to be automatic....

OR if this is not possible then how can i change that welcome e mail as off my need .,....

please help me...
i need it .....

Bigguy

EmailTemplates.english.php is in the languages folder of the default theme. You can edit that if you like. :)

NanoSector

Take the SendMail() function and Register.php in front of you and work something out, is everything I can say :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

Well, in the case of sending emails, it should be done with loadEmailTemplate rather than send_mail() to make sure languages are handled correctly.

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on March 07, 2011, 09:39:11 AM
Well, in the case of sending emails, it should be done with loadEmailTemplate rather than send_mail() to make sure languages are handled correctly.
However, if the user does not want to use languages...
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Arantor

Then they can load Subs-Post.php and call send_mail() manually and hope they didn't screw up encodings...

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on March 07, 2011, 10:11:04 AM
Then they can load Subs-Post.php and call send_mail() manually and hope they didn't screw up encodings...
Which is EXACTLY what I'm saying.

Arantor

Apart from not mentioning the file that's important, getting the function name right or the part where it could send out badly formatted emails that result in being blacklisted for spam, you got it exactly right.

Advertisement: