News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Datbases

Started by lockey, March 08, 2011, 08:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lockey

Just a quick question
Can i use the same database from my SMF1.1.13 on a install for 2.x so that i have the same users ?
Or is there a way of importing users to it ?

Bigguy

The only way to use a 1.1.x database on 2.0 is if you upgrade the 1.1.x site to 2.0 There is no other way to use it.

Suki

no, you cannot use a 1.1.x database with a 2.0 installation due the large changes.

to update your forum to 2.0 follow this guide: Upgrading SMF

basically, you get the 2.0 large update,  unsip it, upload all the content to your forum's root directory overwritten the old files, then run upgrade.php  on your browser and follow the instructions.

before you make any change it is highly recommended to make a  full backup of both database and files.

edit, Bigguy got here first :)
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

lockey

Thanks for the fast replys.
Can anyone tell me is it worth upgrading as the new 1.1.13 update is out & i dont really know if there is much difrence ? or is there lol

Bigguy

There are quite a few changes between the two lines of SMF. Personally I would upgrade but that's my personal preference. :)

lockey

Just looking at my install and all the "distructions" that come with it.

QuoteSMF Forum Integration (V2 & V3.5)
This script will allow you to integrate a the popular SMF Froum with your Phpmotion site. Now your members can not only upload videos but now they can chat and post in a forum. This will help grow your community and ultimately increase your site members loyalty.
Requirements (please read)

•PHP5.x.x
•PHPmotion v3.5 site - latest version only, i.e. rev-72 (upwards)
•SMF 1.1.11 only NO RC (must be freshly installed)
•PHPmotion must be installed to the main directory of your site (webroot)
•SMF forum must be installed to /forum directory, using the same phpmotion database, user and password
•Sub domains & Sub directories are not supported
•PHPmotion V2 updates not supported at this time

I take it that the No RC bit would effect the bridge ?

lockey

saying that updating to 1.1.12 & 1.1.13 didnt effect it.

Bigguy

I don't know about that script. I guess it can't be used on 2.0 though. You will have to wait for an update to it I guess.

lockey

Unless there is a difrent solution for SMF that would alow a member group to upload MP3s to my server , for user down load and live play ?
If i could find something like that for DJs to archive there shows (with proper track listings ofcorce) I could scrap the Prosessor and RAM hungry PHPmotion and even down grade my hosting to save a bit of cash.

CapadY

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

tesser

Quote from: lockey on March 08, 2011, 09:16:19 AM
Unless there is a difrent solution for SMF that would alow a member group to upload MP3s to my server , for user down load and live play ?

I use smf 2.0 rc5 for that my members can upload mp3's and live play them or even  download them

there is a mod that allows live play on mp3 format but its now a paid mod.

lockey

do u know what the name of the mod is m8 ?

Arantor

Attachment MP3 Player - available from http://dev.live627.com/

tesser

Thats the mod  and  i have the free version well the older mod  but  i bet its well worth buying.

Advertisement: