How can I remove Today's Online List?

Started by avyaban, March 08, 2011, 11:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

avyaban

Hi everyone,

How can I remove Today's Online List which is at the bottom of the home page of my forum ?

Thanks in advance ..

cicka

Quote from: avyaban on March 08, 2011, 11:57:20 AM
Hi everyone,

How can I remove Today's Online List which is at the bottom of the home page of my forum ?

Thanks in advance ..

There is no Today 's online list by default in Smf. I think you have installed the users online in 24 hours add on.

Can you please post a screenshot of the area you mean? Maybe I misunderstood you.

Spoogs

Sure there is... look at the front page here on SMF
"Most online today, most online ever"

(But i do suspect this is from the users online today mod)

cicka

Quote from: Spoogs on March 08, 2011, 12:09:42 PM
Sure there is... look at the front page here on SMF
"Most online today, most online ever"

(But i do suspect this is from the users online today mod)

To me it is a little unclear. That is why I asked the Op for a screenshot.

avyaban

Hi Cicka,

Here is the screenshot.. Forum is in Turkish.. The section that I want to remove is the last one at the bottom, this section shows "who login today as cumulative" since last 00:00 AM o'clock..

I want to remove this, but I don't know how...

Thanks in advance for all your help..

Quote from: cicka on March 08, 2011, 12:08:06 PM
Quote from: avyaban on March 08, 2011, 11:57:20 AM
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance ..

There is no Today 's online list by default in Smf. I think you have installed the users online in 24 hours add on.

Can you please post a screenshot of the area you mean? Maybe I misunderstood you.

cicka

From what I can see it looks like you are using the add on I mentioned above. You can uninstall it and that part will be removed.

avyaban

Thank you very much.. Would you please tell me how to uninstall it ?

Quote from: cicka on March 08, 2011, 03:48:30 PM
From what I can see it looks like you are using the add on I mentioned above. You can uninstall it and that part will be removed.

cicka

Quote from: avyaban on March 08, 2011, 03:58:13 PM

You are welcome :)

You can uninstall it from the Package Manager by clicking the uninstall link for the add on.

avyaban

When I try to uninstall it from the Package Manager then I'm getting authorization error for the files, it says "some files are not have 777"

Which files authorizations do I have to change to 777?

Thanks a lot for your help

Quote from: cicka on March 08, 2011, 04:09:59 PM

You can uninstall it from the Package Manager by clicking the uninstall link for the add on.

cicka

Quote from: avyaban on March 08, 2011, 04:30:37 PM
When I try to uninstall it from the Package Manager then I'm getting authorization error for the files, it says "some files are not have 777"

Which files authorizations do I have to change to 777?

Thanks a lot for your help

Quote from: cicka on March 08, 2011, 04:09:59 PM

You should change whatever files were reported in the message. But you can also use the parser link located below the add on to uninstall the add on manually.

Matthew K.

You need to make sure /Packages is CHMD'd to 0777. Also make sure there is a sub-directory in /Packages named "/temp" that also has the permissions "0777".

If you are unsure what CHMD'ing is, please refer to this manual: How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

avyaban

Thank you Lapradoodle , but /Packages directory is already CHMD'd to 777 and there is no subdirectory in /Packages named /temp..

But, I'm receiving same error...  :-\

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 08, 2011, 04:55:12 PM
You need to make sure /Packages is CHMD'd to 0777. Also make sure there is a sub-directory in /Packages named "/temp" that also has the permissions "0777".

If you are unsure what CHMD'ing is, please refer to this manual: How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

Matthew K.

If there isn't a directory in /Packages "/temp" create it, and make sure it's CHMD'd to 0777, then try again.

avyaban

Thank you, I'm going to try it , but now I've got another problem...

I've switched system to the Maintenance Mode and I can not login into system again .. It doesn't accept my user credentials although my user have full authorization...

Is there any other way to exit from Maintenance Mode such as editing some parameter file through ftp or something? There must be some way...

Matthew K.

Upload repair_settings.php, and take the forum out of maintenance mode. What is repair_settings.php?

avyaban

Thank you Labradoodle, sorry, before your post, I tried to change Maintenance parameter from 1 to 0 in settings.php, and now , it seems ok, I can enter the forum and it's not in the maintenance mode.. Did I make something wrong, Labradoodle?

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 08, 2011, 10:17:32 PM
Upload repair_settings.php, and take the forum out of maintenance mode. What is repair_settings.php?

avyaban

Isn't there any method to disable this "Users Online Today" add on instead of uninstall it?

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 08, 2011, 08:27:05 PM
If there isn't a directory in /Packages "/temp" create it, and make sure it's CHMD'd to 0777, then try again.

Matthew K.

No, there is no way to just "disable" it. Although it would be possible to modify BoardIndex.template.php to hide it from outputting template side?

avyaban

And another important point;

what must be the authorization setting for /forum directory ?

I've uploaded repair_settings.php into the /forum directory and then I've tried to access repair_settings.php via another computer as a guest (not admin) and I could see the all info and settings of my forum ? This is a big security issue I think...  :o

I think, I have to do something, what authorization setting the /forum directory must have ?

avyaban

Thank you very much , I really appreciate your responses and help. Actually, what I need is just hide it, not to remove it... Maybe , I can find some settings in the BoardIndex.template.php ...

But, I think, I have more important problem, my /forum directory has wrong authorization setting and this is very critical...

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 08, 2011, 10:34:22 PM
No, there is no way to just "disable" it. Although it would be possible to modify BoardIndex.template.php to hide it from outputting template side?

avyaban

I've deleted repair_settings.php and set the authorization of /forum directory to 755, is that correct?

Matthew K.

You're supposed to remove repair_settings.php once you're done using it.

Attach BoardIndex.template.php and I'll hide it for you.

avyaban

Thank you very much... Really you're my saver man :)

I've attached my boardindex.template.php to this post.. I would really appreciate if you edit it to show "login" section at the bottom of the forum .. I think, I could hide the "users today online" section after your advice.. I put the double // begining of the related lines in the file..

But, as I said, I need to show the login section at the bottom of the forum like the following screenshot...

like below (this is what I want to show at the bottom... from another forum site... )

Is it possible to make it with editing boardindex.template.php file ?

Thanks in advance...

Matthew K.

It looks like you already commented out Users Online Today, which works. And the login bar, is something you'd need to ask in Coding Discussion most likely.

avyaban

Thank you very much for all your help, Labradoodle...

I'm gonna create a topic in the Scripting Help for the login bar, is that correct section ?

Muchisima gracias...

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 08, 2011, 11:17:13 PM
It looks like you already commented out Users Online Today, which works. And the login bar, is something you'd need to ask in Coding Discussion most likely.

Matthew K.

No problem avyaban! :)

Not scripting help, that is for non-SMF related stuff. Try "SMF Coding Discussion".

Marking this topic as resolved for now.
Labradoodle-360

avyaban

Thanks  ;)

Quote from: Labradoodle-360 on March 08, 2011, 11:26:26 PM
No problem avyaban! :)

Not scripting help, that is for non-SMF related stuff. Try "SMF Coding Discussion".

Marking this topic as resolved for now.
Labradoodle-360

Advertisement: