Turn off 'Jump to' box for Guests

Started by dwaned, March 09, 2011, 08:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwaned

Hi all,
My Forum is split in two, one for members and one for guests. I need to keep the member section just that! No guests allowed but I do want to allow guest to see part of the Forum.

I've managed to get this working for the most part, all except the 'Jump to' Box, by using that guests are able to access the members only section and basically see everything.

If I can turn it off to guests only it would be great, if not I will just need to remove it completely.

Can anyone help with this??
Thanks in advance.

Arantor

It should be set up only to show boards that guests can access...

Maever

When setting up your board's, if you set up for only guests then only guests should be able to see it.

dwaned

The way the Forum is set up, both gusts and members can see the general area but then members have further access. I've been struggling to keep non members out of my Members only section for a while now and this is another doorway I have found. To be honest I'd be happy just to remove the 'Jump to:' box completely if anyone can help.

Arantor

To be honest that means you have it misconfigured anyway because JumpTo gets the boards to display from what boards the current user can see, so even if you remove it, the odds are a guest can still get in...

dwaned

Quote from: Arantor on March 09, 2011, 09:29:53 AM
To be honest that means you have it misconfigured anyway because JumpTo gets the boards to display from what boards the current user can see, so even if you remove it, the odds are a guest can still get in...
So can I configure it that the Guests can only see the boards I want them to see?

Arantor

QuoteSo can I configure it that the Guests can only see the boards I want them to see?

Sure you can. For each board, go into its configuration and you'll see a load of tickboxes, these are the groups who can see and enter a board. Untick 'Guests' for each board that a guest shouldn't be able to see.

dwaned

QuoteSure you can. For each board, go into its configuration and you'll see a load of tickboxes, these are the groups who can see and enter a board. Untick 'Guests' for each board that a guest shouldn't be able to see.
Right there in front of me!!! So easy when you know how....

Thank you Arantor.

Advertisement: