News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Zillions of 8: require_once(): 1. h->opened_path= errors

Started by Tiribulus, March 10, 2011, 10:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiribulus

I don't know when this started, maybe after I installed the security fixes one for rc 5. I get like a hundred errors in 3 clicks all beginning with 8: require_once(): 1. h->opened_path= and then pointing to various paths. The log tells me that it's effecting a bunch of different files on a bunch of different lines. I will answer more once I know what else to say. This does not appear to have any effect aside from producing these errors.
Thanks again folks

SlammedDime

Knowing the full error message would be a bit more beneficial...

Are these showing up in your SMF error log or your hosts error log?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Tiribulus

Its the smf log. Here are some samples. Thanks again

butch2k

If you installed APC-3.1.7 through PECL remove it and compile it from source, the notices will disappear.

SlammedDime

Isn't 3.1.7 on PECL still marked as Beta?  Or did it move to Stable yet?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Tiribulus

That's what it is. I don't know how to either to remove it or compile it from source. This is my own machine, but I'm not very good with linux. It took me forever to get APC working in the first place :-\ I do most things in KDE. If someone has instructions I can try, but I'm a bit trepadatious that I'll mess it up.
Thanks guys

SlammedDime

Installing APC should have been as simple as... sudo pecl install apc and then create either an additional INI file if your PHP install scans a directory for INI, or add onto the main php.ini with 'extension=apc.so'.  Then custom configurations as necessary.

How did you install APC?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Tiribulus

It's been like 3 years. I don't remember now, but Apache would not restart with it enabled in the conf file for days and I don't remember how it got fixed either. I did update it a few times since with pecl which was simple.

SlammedDime

Here's what I would suggest first... go through your INI settings for APC and unset all custom options and restart apache.  See if the error persists.  If it does not, then start reenabling options until the error pops up, and you know the one causing the issue.  If the errors do still persist, then you can try downgrading APC to 3.1.6 by running the following (assuming it was installed via pecl in the first place)... pecl install apc-3.1.6
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Tiribulus

I bet it's the apc.stat setting. Thanks I'll try that, but it may be a few hours

Tiribulus

It actually isn't any of the custom settings, but trying to down grade gives me this:
pecl/apc is already installed and is newer than detected released version 3.1.6
install failed

SlammedDime

Did you make sure to restart apache after changing the APC settings?  If PHP is run as an apache module, restarting Apache is a must.  If PHP is run as cgi, INI settings would be picked up on page refresh.

Try pecl install -f apc-3.1.6

That will force installation
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Tiribulus

I did restart Apache each time. I disabled APC altogether and confirmed that that was indeed it. The /f switch got me back to 3.16 which is working again for now. Thanks a bunch. I do very much appreciate it. Eventually I'd like to upgrade it, but this'll do for now.

SlammedDime

As far as APC goes, I prefer to stay on the stable branches.  Unless you forced an upgrade to 3.1.7, you might have PECL setup to pull down beta versions (which is not default).  You can change it back to stable only, but I don't recall how at the moment (googling may help).
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

butch2k

I usually compile my own version of APC, but for my pre-production env i got lazy and used pecl to install APC-3.1.7 then copied my apc.ini file from my production env. i immediatly noticed the errors in the logs just as the poster. I compiled the 3.1.7 using exactly the same options i selected with PECL (spinlocks) and the issue disappeared.
So it's really the way pecl compile the beta which produce the notices. PECL probably activate the debug mode while compiling APC 3.1.7.
and it's not the stat apc setting, as i'm using the same ini file on both server and only when compiling through pecl did the problem appeared.

Tiribulus

I intentionally updated APC.  I didn't realize it was a beta. I haven't has as much time to dedicate to this that I once had. Thanks butch2k too for the info. I definitely see a major boost using APC and disabling the stat setting is even better so I,m glad to hear that

Advertisement: