stop all emails of reported posts

Started by Enc0der, March 16, 2011, 11:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enc0der

Hi,

Is it possible to stop all emails of reported posts?
These emails are sent to all of the forum administrators + all the global moderators + the specific forum's moderator. This is such a weird behavior!

The only person in my forum that should even have the option to get these emails - is the specific forum's moderator.
And even he - will most probably disable this annoying "feature".

I know (guess) that it can be disabled on a user-basis in this page: index.php?action=moderate;area=settings
But I don't want to ask all my existing and future staff members to go and disable it, in order to avoid spam emails from our server...

Is there a way to completely disable these EMAILS notifications of reported posts , for all users - existing and future users?
If it's not possible from the admin settings, I don't mind changing (commenting out) some source code, of course. Just please guide me to the right place.

Thank you

Arantor

QuoteThis is such a weird behavior!

No, it isn't. It's sent to everyone who can moderate that board, which is board moderators, global moderators (i.e. people who can moderate every board) and admins (who can moderate every board explicitly in the code)

QuoteIs there a way to completely disable these EMAILS notifications of reported posts , for all users - existing and future users?

Sure, you can rip the code out. No other way to do it as far as I know.

Sources/SendTopic.php, find and comment out:
// Send it to the moderator.
sendmail($row['email_address'], $emaildata['subject'], $emaildata['body'], $user_info['email'], null, false, 2);

Round about line 585 in 2.0 RC5. Note that I didn't get into removing the rest of the code that sets up emails and stuff.

dWhite

@Arantor: Wouldn't switching the mail settings from the PHP mail() function to a blank SMTP prevent the forum from sending any email?

Illori

only if your server does not support smtp and the smtp is not setup correctly. this would also stop members from getting emails when they get pm's or if you send out announcements, or newsletters.

Arantor

Quote from: dWhite on March 16, 2011, 01:54:07 PM
@Arantor: Wouldn't switching the mail settings from the PHP mail() function to a blank SMTP prevent the forum from sending any email?

No, it'd just end up spewing errors and would prevent *any* email, rather than just specific emails like this.

Enc0der

Quote from: Arantor on March 16, 2011, 12:36:40 PM
Sources/SendTopic.php, find and comment out:
// Send it to the moderator.
sendmail($row['email_address'], $emaildata['subject'], $emaildata['body'], $user_info['email'], null, false, 2);

Round about line 585 in 2.0 RC5. Note that I didn't get into removing the rest of the code that sets up emails and stuff.

Advertisement: