News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Rc5 Issues

Started by MATTEK, March 16, 2011, 02:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MATTEK

Recently upgraded from RC3 to RC5. Upgrade went perfect. However, after switching back and fourth from ADK portal to Simple Portal to see which one I prefer, I'm now getting major errors when trying to install other packages. These packages installed perfectly fine previous to me switching back and fourth.

I tried to re upload the Large upgrade package via FTP and start the upgrade over, but it did nothing.

What should I do to start with a fresh copy of RC%, without losing data/information on my forum?
SMF 2.0.1

Like Comics, Books, Movies or T.V. Shows? Read about them here!!

Illori

do the same process you used to upgrade to RC5 that will give you a clean set of files to work with.

MATTEK

Quote from: Illori on March 16, 2011, 02:12:34 PM
do the same process you used to upgrade to RC5 that will give you a clean set of files to work with.

It did nothing though. I uploaded the unzipped package through file zilla, and the transfer went through. However, this time it didn't ask me to overwrite and all of my packages were still installed.
SMF 2.0.1

Illori

then you need to find out why it did not overwrite the files.

Arantor

The packages still being installed in the package manager is a known issue, but if it didn't ask you to overwrite that usually means you didn't reset permissions in order to be able to overwrite the files.

MATTEK

Nothing related to permissions had been changed since the original upgrade from RC3 to RC5. Does that matter?

Also, will I have to run upgrade.php for this as well?
SMF 2.0.1

Illori

you should not need to run upgrade.php again as long as you ran it the first time.

MATTEK

Quote from: Illori on March 16, 2011, 02:32:46 PM
you should not need to run upgrade.php again as long as you ran it the first time.

Thanks you.

Another question. I was using the same FTP connection for the re-upload as I was for the original upload of RC5. When it asked me to overwrite the first time I check in "Do this for all files". Is it possible that setting saved and is the reason why it didn't ask me to overwrite?
SMF 2.0.1

Illori

that would depend on your ftp client.

NanoSector

Quote from: MATTEK on March 16, 2011, 03:20:37 PM

Thanks you.

Another question. I was using the same FTP connection for the re-upload as I was for the original upload of RC5. When it asked me to overwrite the first time I check in "Do this for all files". Is it possible that setting saved and is the reason why it didn't ask me to overwrite?
Yes, FileZilla will give you an option to "only apply it in this session", which you apparently didn't check.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

MATTEK

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on March 16, 2011, 03:29:29 PM
Quote from: MATTEK on March 16, 2011, 03:20:37 PM

Thanks you.

Yes, FileZilla will give you an option to "only apply it in this session", which you apparently didn't check.

So how does this affect me? I did the upload, it auto overwrote the files and I'm still having issues. Should I uninstall all packages regardless of error and then reupload the large package?
SMF 2.0.1

MATTEK

Hey guys still looking for advice.
SMF 2.0.1

MATTEK

I'm about to reupload the upgrade package. I have another question. There are 5 files in the package I'm unsure of. The are SQL files.

upgrade_1-0.sql
upgrade_1-1.sql
upgrade_2-0_mysql.sql
upgrade_2-0_postgresql.sql
upgrade_1-0_sqlite.sql

Do they need to be uploaded as well?
SMF 2.0.1

Illori

if you are upgrading yes, if you are running RC5 already then you dont need them.

Advertisement: