News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Modification parse error for every package

Started by Ry60003333, March 16, 2011, 05:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry60003333

I've just moved switched my website to run on Debian 6 "Squeeze" and am using the latest version of Apache, PHP, and MySQL available there. Ever since the move I have been unable to install packages on my SMF 2.0 RC 3 install, and I figured it was just a problem with that installation. However, I just installed a fresh copy of 2.0 RC 5, and I receive the same "Modification parse error" error every time I try to install any package:

I've already tried changing the permissions of all the files to 777, and I can view the contents of the files in the list files viewer:

I really need to install packages onto these forums, any suggestions? :-\

Illori

more then just that one mod has this issue? have you checked the support threads for those mods to see if it is a known issue?

live627

Did you try installing them on another site ?

Masterd

Did you recently modified PackageGet.php or Packages.php?

Ry60003333

Quote from: Illori on March 16, 2011, 06:05:41 PM
more then just that one mod has this issue? have you checked the support threads for those mods to see if it is a known issue?
Every mod that I try to install has this issue, and I doubt that all the ones I have tried are broken. I posted those two as an example just to confirm this, as I doubt that both Ad Management and the ADK Portal are both broken along with all the other small mods I tried, as there would probably be many inconveniences caused by that.

I just randomly grabbed this "Admin Notepad" mod, and got the same error:

Quote from: live627 on March 16, 2011, 06:11:54 PM
Did you try installing them on another site ?
These are two separate Virtual Hosts on one Apache server, but I'd assume that other people have tried to install either Ad Management or the ADK Portal on other sites due to the amount of downloads that they have. :)

Quote from: Masterd on March 16, 2011, 06:12:13 PM
Did you recently modified PackageGet.php or Packages.php?
I did not modify anything, I first noticed this on my RC 3 site and then got the same error on a fresh install of RC 5.

Also, I have now noticed that when I install themes, the resulting folder created in the Themes directory is empty, so I cannot install themes unless I manually copy the files. Could the Theme problem be related to this problem?

Masterd

What does your host say about this issue with the theme directory?

Ry60003333

Quote from: Masterd on March 16, 2011, 06:29:46 PM
What does your host say about this issue with the theme directory?
I'm not sure what you mean what the host says, I am running this on a box that I have full and physical access to. The permissions on the Themes directory are currently 777. :)

Masterd

Waht about the permissions on the Packages directory?

live627

QuoteCould the Theme problem be related to this problem?
Quite possibly. I think they use the same internal parsing functions.

It might be something to do with Debian.. just a guess though and is probably wrong. I use Ubuntu 10.4 and run SMF without such problem. I know Ubuntu is based on Debian but wonder if Debian's core changed recently...

Ry60003333

I was thinking it was a problem with the Debian PHP configuration, because I didn't have this problem with Debian Lenny, it started when I moved to a new server with Squeeze.

SlammedDime

Chmod /Packages to 777 and create a folder inside it named temp, also chmod 777 and see if that corrects the problem.

I don't recall the differences between Lenny and Squeeze, but does the webserver run under the same user in Squeeze as it did Lenny?  Are you running suExec or suPHP or is PHP run as an Apache module?
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Ry60003333

Quote from: SlammedDime on March 16, 2011, 07:03:43 PM
Chmod /Packages to 777 and create a folder inside it named temp, also chmod 777 and see if that corrects the problem.
That didn't seem to do anything. :(

I think the webserver runs under the same user, which is www-data or something similar to that.

Advertisement: