News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Theme Selection

Started by James Woodcock, July 19, 2005, 08:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Woodcock

2 questions for the clever bods here regarding SMF 1.1 beta 3.......

1) Why is it when you alter a particular board to use a different theme, Admins do not see the change, but other users do?  Is this a bug?

2) I would like to using a hyperlink from another site select a particular theme for members to use other then the default.  So for example: http://www.website.com/index.php?theme=2

Now if I do that will it mean they always stay with that theme when they are browsing, or will it at some point switch back to the default?

Many thanks

PopLife

Question 1- No idea.

Question 2- It seems to keep the specific theme on just fine for me :)

xenovanis

Quote from: James Woodcock on July 19, 2005, 08:18:48 AM
1) Why is it when you alter a particular board to use a different theme, Admins do not see the change, but other users do?  Is this a bug?

Actually, this works fine for me. Have you checked 'Override Member's Theme' for the board you want to use a different theme for?

Quote from: James Woodcock on July 19, 2005, 08:18:48 AM
2) I would like to using a hyperlink from another site select a particular theme for members to use other then the default.  So for example: http://www.website.com/index.php?theme=2

Now if I do that will it mean they always stay with that theme when they are browsing, or will it at some point switch back to the default?

It will not switch back untill the browserwindows is closed and reopened again.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Dannii

I believe there is a difference between selecting the forum's default theme, and selecting the actual default theme. If you uncheck override, with the forum's default theme you will see the board's particular theme, but if you have selected the actual default theme, you won't (i think).
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

James Woodcock

Advertisement: