New Installation and I can't see any images...

Started by Envy, July 19, 2005, 11:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Envy

Hi there,

I just recently (less than an hour ago) installed SMF via Fantastico provided by my host. Getting everything set up, and it appears I can not see any images. Not one image (smilies, new post image, etc) shows. It all shows at text. I have checked to ensure I have "Show images instead of text" ticked, it is.

When I try to right click and view the image, I get a 404 error, telling me I don't have permission to view it. I checked the settings for the images file, and is correct at 775. Any other ideas?

Tristan Perry

Are you sure your theme file paths are correct? It sounds as though the images are being pointed to the wrong directory or something. Try using repair_settings.php on this page.
Tau Online

Chris Cromer

Um 404 means that a file isn't found... are you sure you didn't get a 403 instead which means you don't have permission to view it?
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Envy

QuoteAre you sure your theme file paths are correct?

Yup, it was a fantastico install so that put the path in for me.

QuoteUm 404 means that a file isn't found...

Ah, my mistake, it tells me that I don't have permission. 403 (4 and 3 are so close to each other *glares at fat fingers*)

Tristan Perry

Quote from: Envy on July 19, 2005, 12:13:51 PM
QuoteAre you sure your theme file paths are correct?

Yup, it was a fantastico install so that put the path in for me.

QuoteUm 404 means that a file isn't found...

Ah, my mistake, it tells me that I don't have permission. 403 (4 and 3 are so close to each other *glares at fat fingers*)
Ah right. Does running repair_settings.php show that any file paths aren't the reccommended ones though? This does sound like the problem.. Is there a link to your forum?

Envy

Quote from: Tau Online on July 19, 2005, 12:26:32 PM
Ah right. Does running repair_settings.php show that any file paths aren't the reccommended ones though? This does sound like the problem.. Is there a link to your forum?

Nope, says they are the reccommended ones.

Link : http://overthehill.wowmb.net/index.php

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

xenovanis

Can you check your errorlog to see if there are any errors en post them here?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Ben_S

Check the permissions on the images themselves, if in doubt, ask y our host as it sounds like fantastico isn't setting permissions correctly.
Liverpool FC Forum with 14 million+ posts.

Envy

Quote from: xenovanis on July 19, 2005, 01:17:47 PM
Can you check your errorlog to see if there are any errors en post them here?

View Forum Error Log
The error log tracks every error encountered by your forum. To delete any errors from the database, mark the checkbox, and click the Remove button at the bottom of the page.
Pages: [1]
No messages...

And I checked the actual images, all say correct. I've emailed the host, hopefully they know something /shrug.

Chris Cromer

By any chance have you enabled some sort of hotlink image protection on your site?
Chris Cromer

"I was here, here I was, was I here, sure I was" - The little voice in my head.

Advertisement: