News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

White page of doom!

Started by vidal0150, March 19, 2011, 05:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vidal0150

OK, so a little too much red wine, a lot of enthusiasm and too much over-confidence has left me with the dreaded white page.

I went on a mad installing mod spree - and no, no backups were done. I've tried repair settings - most of the settings are the ones recommended, although I have changed the cookie name to see if it's a caching issue. I get the same behaviour in both Opera and Firefox.

URL is http://www.chiari.co.uk/chat/ [nofollow]

I can pm admin logins if needed to support gurus.

V.

Masterd

This is weird. What mods did you installed?

vidal0150

Further info.

Running SMF 2 RC5 (all files were up to date) - with default theme (some other themes applied, but not used)

Mods installed (from memory), some were uploaded, but not installed due to parse errors.
Welcome-Back_Good-bye_smf_2.0
Topic Starter 1.6
feedicon
ReferralsSystem3.0.1
SMFQuiz-1.0.8

I'm sure I saw the RSS icon and the forum was working, however the red wine has taken it's toll and I can't be certain of any of the others as to which were installed.

V.

Masterd

What does your host say about this?

Road Rash Jr.

Fortunately for those of us who are afflicted with MMIS (Mad Mod Install Syndrome) SMF does a file backup prior to installing a mod. These can be found in Packages/backups folder.
Never argue with an Idiot like myself, they just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Advertisement: