News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Possible to add more categories?

Started by Humachine, March 19, 2011, 08:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humachine

As an admin who has newly installed SMF, I'd like to know if the Category tree is something unchangeable, or can we add other categories with other titles that are at the same outline level as the default General Category and it's sudsidiary General Discussion? That's to say, I had to create my first topic under this default General Category/General Discussion, and users have to click through this path to arrive at the topic I started; but I wonder why there isn't a button (option) on the welcome page of the forum for the admin to create another category with the same hierarchical level (and the same styling) as the Default Category seen in my attached screen-shot. I hope I haven't put it too ambiguously.

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Humachine

NanoSector

Admin > Boards > Add New Category

And probably something's not right with your board as the font size is not normal.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Humachine

Thank you for the help. I'll do it right away.
But regarding the unusual board font size, I guess it's because I'm browsing with Opera right now. In IE, the font size of the whole content is smaller.

NanoSector

Quote from: Humachine on March 19, 2011, 09:09:07 AM
Thank you for the help. I'll do it right away.
But regarding the unusual board font size, I guess it's because I'm browsing with Opera right now. In IE, the font size of the whole content is smaller.
However, it should look normal in Opera too...

Advertisement: