News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Wheres the function?

Started by MLM, March 20, 2011, 10:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLM

Here is a list of pages I just can nto find a function for even with the "$db_show_debug = true;" trick

Can I add it to a template somehow?

?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=all;
?action=admin;area=ban;sa=list;
?action=admin;area=ban;sa=browse;
?action=admin;area=ban;sa=log;
?action=admin;area=paidsubscribe;
?action=admin;area=scheduledtasks;sa=tasklog;
?action=admin;area=logs;sa=adminlog;
?action=admin;area=logs;sa=modlog;
?action=admin;area=logs;sa=banlog;
?action=admin;area=logs;sa=tasklog;
?action=moderate;area=warnings;sa=log;
?action=moderate;area=userwatch;sa=member;
?action=moderate;area=userwatch;sa=post;
?action=moderate;area=groups;sa=requests;
?action=moderate;area=viewgroups;
?action=profile;area=tracking;sa=edits;

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Joker™

Try this tool to find such strings - Fileseek, you can use search function in Notepad++ to search for text strings in multiple files.

Also for e.g, your first link
?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=all;

While searching it try it as
?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=all (without semi colon at the end)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

MLM

Where am I searching this stuff. In the respective template files?

Also i realize that most of those functions rely on common function like generic list and show_list but i need add stuff around them.

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Arantor

It would probably help if we knew what you were trying to achieve.

MLM

Without trying to give away to much of my secret new theme...

I want to put a div around the content without editing the templates used on many pages such as show_list

sample ex.

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Matthew K.

If I am correct...are you saying that you're putting display stuff in source files?

MLM

That picture is "?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=all;"

If you look at it with $db_show_debug = true; you will see this:

Templates: 6: Compat (default), index (SAMPLE), Admin (SAMPLE), GenericMenu (SAMPLE), ManageMembers (SAMPLE), GenericList (SAMPLE).
Sub templates: 8: init, html_above, body_above, generic_menu_dropdown_above, show_list, generic_menu_dropdown_below, body_below, html_below.

There is no function on ManageMembers for that page. Can I add one that will respond to that page?

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Arantor

A div around the overall content... and you're driving that from every single function?!

Use a template layer instead, define it once and you're done.

MLM

I am doing it to all functions i can find... I have almost all done but the ones in that list..

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Matthew K.

Just use $context['template_layers'][] like Arantor said.

Arantor

Quote from: MLM on March 21, 2011, 06:24:45 PM
I am doing it to all functions i can find... I have almost all done but the ones in that list..

You create template_something_above() to be the div opening, template_something_below() to be the div closing and use $context['template_layers'][] = 'something' to drive it, job done, air tight, slam dunk, good night.

You can even use that in a theme, if you look in the theme_info.xml file you will see an indicator of what theme layers to use, just add 'something' to that list.

But hey, if you really think modifying a few hundred functions is your idea of a good time, please don't let me stop you.

MLM

I have to since I do not want surrounding divs on all pages and on some content...

What I am doing is fine and it looks awesome for what i have so far.

I really just need to know where the heck those page templates are or how to add them to the respective files.

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Arantor

*shrug* Go nuts. There are still smarter ways of doing what you're trying to do but you're quite happy doing it long hand. Have fun.

MLM

Thanks, lol. I can tell you don't like this but i am already well well into editing them all. Any solutions to what i am asking?

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Arantor

The only solutions I have are much more subtle, far less ham-fisted and require more knowledge of what you're doing, but go ahead as you're already so far along.

MLM

I am but i cant finish unless i know how to find or add those pages..

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Arantor

*shrug* I can't help you without more details of what you're trying to do, especially as some of the things in your list are the same functions but called in different ways.

MLM

I'm sorry for not taking the easy route and layering but i am srsly really far into this theme. I will definitely use it in future themes (always learning)

Lets just take this page for example: ?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=all;

I want to put a div around the content below the sub menu bar (View All Members - Search For Members)

I know it is generated with show_list however it is used on pages inside wrapped divs and it will look bad if i style in that function.

Most pages have a there own template function that i add around but this page does not. Can I just add it to the ManageMembers template file?

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Arantor

Why the hell are you asking me? It's your theme, do what you like with it provided you don't mess with the copyright. It's almost irrelevant what I say, you'll do your own thing anyway.

(You haven't told me WHY you need to modify that code, what is so important about putting a div there.)

MLM

I am asking anyone.

I am putting a div there so it fits the rest of the theme.

My Themes:

My Mods:

Unsolved Threads:
  • None atm...

Advertisement: