News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Help] Paid Subscription

Started by xmagex, March 25, 2011, 08:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmagex

Hello everyone,

Recently I had the idea to open a shop on the forum and give a chance to users to donate in exchange for some awards. I also installed the mod "Shop" because is very complete and created on the forum the new field "Donation points". Now I want this:

- You buy on the forum 5 points with button of Paypal.
- Paypal confirms the trasition which is ok.
- Paypal sends to smf forum that the transition is complete, and gives you points based on the amount that you bought. (1 point = 1 EUR)

Now I was a whole day searching on the internet, and after a while I discovered that SMF has it.

I mean Paid Subscription. If anyone knows how it works makes me a favor, since I have tried but to no avail.

ps:i'm using Smf 2.0 RC5

ps1: I have 2 paypal users, sellers and buyers. The seller, the owner of the shop, and I addressed the www.site.com/ subscription.php. Then I put my mail and I put the notification on each payment. I tried to make a transition and nothing appear.

ps3: And more let me know how I could to add donation points based on the amount. (just 1 euro = 1 point)

Thanks for you help,
Mage

Arantor

Admin > Core Features > turn on Paid Subscriptions > save - so the option will appear in the admin panel for you to configure it.

This will fix the bulk of issues... as for donation points, no idea, that's not something provided out of the box.

xmagex

Thank you for replay, however the mod is always On.

Arantor

It's not a mod, it's a core feature. After turning it on and hitting save, did you then go to Admin > Members > Paid Subscriptions to set the currency and set some subscriptions up?

xmagex

Quote from: Arantor on March 26, 2011, 08:25:33 PM
It's not a mod, it's a core feature. After turning it on and hitting save, did you then go to Admin > Members > Paid Subscriptions to set the currency and set some subscriptions up?

yes, thanks.

I saw now where can i modify, but then this "core feaure" can't help me.

Because i need a subscription that i wrote after.

- Click on Paypal Button.
- Paypal confirms that the trasition is ok.
- Paypal sends to smf forum that the transition is complete.
- Then SMF Forum gives you the points based on the amount that you bought on your ACCOUNT.

Arantor

It's honestly not designed for that, which means rewriting a lot of code - it's designed for users to have subscription (recurring) access to somewhere.

What you would be better off doing is not using it and instead using one of the shop mods which I believe can do it. Search the Customize site for 'shop', and have a look at what you get from there - I can't help you any more than that, I'm afraid.

Advertisement: