upgraded now cant upload :(

Started by ladyloulee, July 20, 2005, 07:03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladyloulee

hi,
I recieved an email to say there was an update which was php 4.4.0 compatabillity  and SMF 1.0.5 update..I did these through the package manager and i have the green button next to them which i assume eans they installed ok but now when my members try to upload using the browse button it just hangs and they get an error saying it time out...i tried to use the uninstall in package manager but it asys there isnt an unistaller :(
so what can i do now please?
thanks for any help...
lou

ladyloulee

please help someone..im desperate  :'(
lou  x

Tristan Perry

Hello,
Upgrading to the PHP 4.4.0 compatible version shouldn't cause this problem. Do you know if your host has made any changes to the PHP configuration? Maybe they have changed a setting that it causing this attachment error?
Tau Online

ladyloulee

Thanks for answering ;)
I dont think they have changed anything...im not even sure if they upgraded to  the php 4.4.0
I just recieved the email from SMF and it said best to do it anyway, so i did.
I can upload pictures but nothing else like zip files..which i could before.
I just wish i could go back to how it was...im new to all this and wish id never done he upgrade :(
is there aay to put it back please?
thanks for any help
lou  x

Tristan Perry

How big are the files that your members/you are trying to upload? Could you please post a link to phpinfo.php? What is phpinfo.php?

ladyloulee

ok hope i did this right...lol
heres the link to the php info you wanted...
http://ladylouleescreations.co.uk/DNPforum/phpinfo.php [nofollow]

wow if you can make all that out you are brilliant...lol
thanks again for your help
i have to go out now but will be back in about 2hrs
hope you can help me sort it
lou  x

ps...i had a lot of errors that said they were on line 147...stupidly i deleted these

Tristan Perry

Yeah you did that right, thanks. You say that you can upload images, although not zip files. How large (File size) are the zip files that aren't being uploaded? Are they above 20 megabytes each?

ladyloulee

Hi,
Nope, the size of the zips are 1.420 kb
lou  x

[Unknown]

Have you contacted your host about this?

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: