Database Problems Adding Boards SMF 2.0 RC5

Started by Krillin, March 27, 2011, 05:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krillin

Using SMF 2.0 RC5 Mods Installed: EmailValidator, notCaptcha_v1.06 and Password Strength Meter from the package installer in the Admin --> Packages of the admin control center.

I am trying to modify my boards (adding). When I enter the data in the fields and click 'Add Board' and the following error is displayed.

Database Error
Out of range value for column 'id_profile' at row 1
File: C:\inetpub\krillinsworld\forum\Sources\Subs-Boards.php
Line: 673

When I go to the forum home page, I see the board is created, but not where I told it put it and the description is not posted.

Line 673 is ); so here is the data in that 'container' which is throwing the error.
// Do the updates (if any).
if (!empty($boardUpdates))
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
UPDATE {db_prefix}boards
SET
' . implode(',
', $boardUpdates) . '
WHERE id_board = {int:selected_board}',
array_merge($boardUpdateParameters, array(
'selected_board' => $board_id,
))
);

I am going to look at the database and see what it is trying to do or not do.

The database tells me this is the location where the last post member id is stored. So why would this throw this error if it is a newly created board?

I have a very bad feeling something did not go very well with the upgrade from 1.1.13!

Thanks.

Edit Reason: Updated Mods list.
Gaming Community Web Site
Forums Use: SMF 2.0.18
Mods Installed: (NONE)
Browser: Chrome

Krillin

Quote from: K@ on March 27, 2011, 05:11:39 PM

SMF 2.0 RC5 Mods Installed: EmailValidator, notCaptcha_v1.06 and Password Strength Meter.

EDIT: We are removed mostly all modifications due to issues. Can't even post New message because of 'Reason For Editing' not posting a 'Default' entry. So we copied the full version install of the files to the main forum directory. Then ran the install for the above mods.

After this we still get the same error when trying to great boards in categories.

Arantor

That doesn't really help us solve the problem, unfortunately. What we need is more information.

In order to get this, go to Admin > Configuration > Security and Moderation > tick Include database query in the error log then save.

From there, re-attempt to edit the board as you've tried, and it'll cause an error again. Only this time, the actual query sent to the database will be in the log so we can see exactly what SMF was trying to do and maybe we can figure out why.

Krillin

Since my last post. I have removed my old forum files and replaced them with the full install file, copied over the settings.php file along with our added Smiles and Avatars.

Now the problem is not reproducible. There must have been a conflict in the manually install mods we used.

I am gonna try to add one more MOD and see if this is the one that is interfering.

Stay Tuned...

Advertisement: