News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF "Nothing found" after install

Started by Мel, March 28, 2011, 06:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Мel

Hi everybody.

I've got a WordPress blog on domain.com. I've installed SMF 2.0RC5 to the "forum" directory, so it looks like domain.com/forum. Installation went totally well, but after I try to go to my new forum, WP gives me the error that is nothing found on this link ("Nothing found for Forum").
The SMF directory on the server looks solid and fine.

Maybe someone knows anything about that?
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Illori

can you explain to us exactly how you did the install? if you have a linux server running your website Forum and forum are 2 different things please verify where you put the forum and use the proper case sensitive name.

Мel

Illori
Well, it's a regular Windows server with MySQL Databases, and I've got a SMF forum running fine on another domain. I did install the usual way, all the folders are in correct form.

I think it's the SMF problem because previously to that I installed a PhpBB and all worked well.
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Illori

please explain what the "normal" way is, this could be part of your issue. do you have a bridge with your cms? if so please disable it.

Мel

Illori
Normal means by the book :) No mods, no bridge, just clean install.

UPD
13 files and 7 directories total. Maybe it's not a clean install after all and it was corrupted some way... Probably i just need to reinstall it.
- Qui-Gon Jinn

Illori

there are more then 13 files in smf... sounds like some files are missing

Мel

Illori
Yep, compared and thought the same.
But now I'm reinstalling SMF and "Nothing Found" goes on install.php o_O
Speaking with hosting support now.

- Qui-Gon Jinn

Illori

have you run install.php already? if so delete that file and see what happens.

Arantor

Let me guess, WordPress is set up to use domain.com/page/ as a link to pages in the blog?

Мel

Illori
SMF deleted all installation files that time. As it should.

Arantor
Nope :)

Problem solved, it was a server problem, support fixed that. Thanx everybody.

- Qui-Gon Jinn

Advertisement: