News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

password not working now?

Started by blazinchuck, March 28, 2011, 09:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blazinchuck

i can login to my site, but not admin. my password is ten characters, but it wont allow anymore than seven characters. I tried changing this in my profile...but like I said, it wont let me put the correct amount of characters in the password??

also, for some reason...i cant not use any numbers here other than 5 or 6...the others dont work?? also the exclamation and parenthesis arent working either...or its not letting me use them
"I'm not as Think, as you stoned I am"

aidyUK

add this after index.php  "?action=admin;area=viewmembers;sa=all" and see if that takes you to the admin panels member list and select your username then try changing it if not try getting in contact with another admin/ Global moderator on the forum and see if they can delete that account and you resign up and them give admin again
Infernogaming | xxaidyukxx <- Aim just add me

blazinchuck

i think i might have stumbled onto the problem...notice i said i cant use numbers here also??

well if i use my number pad buttons...i can login, if i only use the number row on the keyboard...it wont take the numbers.

might have a bad keyboard now...

aidyUK

makes sense at checking keyboard lol hope the problem is resolved

Arantor

Quoteif i only use the number row on the keyboard...it wont take the numbers.

Try pressing Num Lock on the keyboard.

Illori

i think they mean the numbers above the letters on the keyboard, which are not controlled by the num lock function.

blazinchuck

123456789(this is the number pad...working) this is the number row above the letters..12344556789899()....dayum, now they are working lol

i dont know what to think now

aidyUK

did you try my idea at the start

Illori

this issue does not seem related to smf so deleting his user account will not fix his keyboard.

aidyUK

i thought it was an SMF issue :( sorry

blazinchuck

Quote from: aidyUK on March 28, 2011, 11:23:48 AM
did you try my idea at the start
for the member's list? i tried the code and it took me to the list, but i was able to login using the number pad. so didnt change the password, since it still works

blazinchuck

feel free to mark this solved as it was my keyboard screwing up. sorry for any trouble guys, and thanks for the fast responce,Chuck

Advertisement: