News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Browser Title Bar Tweak

Started by kaydrive, March 28, 2011, 10:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaydrive

I am new to SMF i am runing 2.0 RC5, and i have lost my 2.0 RC5 book for dummies.
I would like to change the Title bar can this be done see the photo

Any and all help would be great.

Thanks

Sleezy

This can not be done, it will be added soon though.
SMFNew Advocate for SMFNew (Dagger)

kaydrive

thanks, i will watch for a update

Sleezy

Sleezy

kaydrive

Do you know if it will be in the next update and if so do you know when that update is going to happen?

Sleezy

Nobody knows, only the smf Developers know, but it could be in about 2-3 months, and it might be in the rc version witch right now, rc6 could take 4-5 months for them to finish.

kaydrive

I was able to find the fix> it was a tweak on the index.template.php file.  It now does what i want it to do. Thanks

Illori

Quote from: lowrida018 on March 28, 2011, 10:46:01 PM
This can not be done, it will be added soon though.

please do not post that things will be added to smf if you do not know for sure it will be. there is nothing i have seen that says this feature will ever be added. lets not try to get the hopes up for people to see features that may never be part of smf.

CapadY

Quote from: lowrida018 on March 28, 2011, 11:03:11 PM
Nobody knows, only the smf Developers know, but it could be in about 2-3 months, and it might be in the rc version witch right now, rc6 could take 4-5 months for them to finish.

Please, don't post fairytails about things you don't know anything.
The only thing I can say the above written is absolutely wrong.

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Sleezy

I do know, I have been here a long time, but I haven't have a account that long.

Arantor

Quote from: lowrida018 on April 02, 2011, 06:55:18 PM
I do know, I have been here a long time, but I haven't have a account that long.

Actually, I gotta agree with the team people here, you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

* The team don't ever quote dates, however 6-7 months between RCs has been the trend since RC2. That's not an indication of future performance, but that's what's happened lately.
* 2.0 is feature locked, that means that no changes other than bug fixes should be occurring to the source code, not changes of functionality unless it's the only way to fix a bug in the system, and is why - for example - raw HTML is no longer allowed in the news section, because it was a security vulnerability.

Sleezy

Advertisement: